is your power steering...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is your power steering...

My power steering is smooth but requires so much more effert to turn than an other car ive driven. i have to upgraded steering ratio, but i want to know if anyone else is so... needing some force but not terribly so tho... its weird to explain.. but i would appreciate any inputs.
    Heady Navy Blue Metalic<br />Heady Catback Flowmasters<br />Heady Bilstien HDs, PAnhard rod, LCAs,SFCs<br />NGK\'s and MSD Wires, K&N flowin + Smooth Bellow<br />Y87 3800 GT Performance.<br />I love the way this car makes turns!<br /><br />1989 black Camoaro RS. R.I.P.

when you say any other car you have driven do you mean FWD cars?

FWD cars generally have softer steering, personally I hate them I love the stiffer more "confident" feel my camaro gives.

go drive more RWD vehicles and see if you still think the same.
    -Eric<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mustangeater82\" target=\"_blank\">2000 NBM V6 Camaro 5-speed</a> T-top <i>converted</i><br /><b>14.467@95.45mph</b> <i>$0 in mods</i><br /><i>The member formerly known as MustangEater8251</i>

Comment

I see you have the Y87...that definitely makes the steering a bit more stiffer than a non-Y87. I've driven both, so I have a sense of what you're getting at. I think it's normal.
      Yes, I know \"Artic\" should be spelled \"Arctic\". Can any of the mods change this?

Comment

Well from his sig he's had an '89 RS before. But yeah it could be the difference in the ratio.
        1994 Firebird 3.4<br />15.65 @ 86.8<br /><a href=\"http://www.funkz.net/firebird.htm\" target=\"_blank\">funkz.net/firebird</a><br /><a href=\"http://mywebpages.comcast.net/funkz/timeslips.htm\" target=\"_blank\">Timeslips</a>

Comment

I know mine's a little stiff, it's been that way since new in 2002. I cannot really use one hand and spin the wheel like some other cars. I think it's just part of having a sportier car - the steering is supposed to be stiffer. My minivan and Cutlass both both have softer steering.
          2002 Silver Firebird A4<br />T-Tops, Leather, Y87, W68, Chrome Wheels<br />Bone Stock

Comment

good then im not crazy. Tanks
            Heady Navy Blue Metalic<br />Heady Catback Flowmasters<br />Heady Bilstien HDs, PAnhard rod, LCAs,SFCs<br />NGK\'s and MSD Wires, K&N flowin + Smooth Bellow<br />Y87 3800 GT Performance.<br />I love the way this car makes turns!<br /><br />1989 black Camoaro RS. R.I.P.

Comment

Everyone who drives my car says it's the stiffest steering they have ever experienced. I have a Y87 also. I used to have a 98 Trans Am and that was actually a little stiffer than the V6 Camaro.
              1999 Y87 Camaro<br />Whisper Lid, SLP SS Takeoff Exhaust

Comment

well im glad my car didnt come with the y87 package cause its seems that upgraded steering ratio sucks. im happy though, i got the only things that matter, LSD and 3.42s
                2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

It doesnt suck. it feels tight like a twat. i actually really like it cuz i never over steer ever.

Comment

i like the steering in these cars and the v8s. when my t/a went down i was driving a 02 malibu. i always felt nervous driving it becuase the steering was so loose compared to my bird and t/a. i dont like having that loose feeling when driving it makes me feel like i dont have as much control over the car.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
                    http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
                    Or this

Comment

wider then stock tires make it hard to turn...... also check your tire PSI if it low it makes it even harder to turn
                      www.turbov6camaro.com
                      1997 3800 Series II Camaro
                      4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
                      7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
                      11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X