155mph Speedo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 155mph Speedo

been doing a lot of looking and from what I read, the 99-02 speedo's are interchangeable within the years, and that 98 needs to be replaecd with a 98. I cant find any information on the 97. Since the 97 was the first year of the digital, but of the previous body style with the LT1, will a 97 interchange with a 98.... or more importantly, will a 98 T/A cluster go into a 97 v6? or am I limited to a 97 digital cluster.

Ive done a search and I am getting conflicting aswers.... it seems like the general theory on this conversion changed (or evolved) somewhere in 2003.

[ July 07, 2005, 01:08 PM: Message edited by: ellik ]
    \'01 Mineral Grey SVT Cobra<br />-former F-body owner

You're limited to a 97, 98 will not read fuel at all because in 97 the information was sent straight to the gauge. In 98 The information was sent to the PCM so it could give it a more accurate reading, THEN to the gauge... A 98 will not beable to read the information coming straight from the fuel tank.

Also it's wired a bit different so a bunch of misc lights will stay on... seat belts, SES, low oil or low coolant... Speedo and Tach will work fine but other readings might be a bit off aswell...

They look the same on the front, yes but on the back they're almost completely different...
    1997 Camaro RS W/T-Tops<br />All Stock / 200 HP

Comment

ive got a cluster out of a 2001 z28 in my 97, everything works fine. the only light that stays on is the asr off light
      1997 3.8 5-speed Camaro<br />BMR STB, LCA\'s, SFC\'s,Panhard bar, Torque arm,1LE sway bars<br />Headers, SLP cold air, Flowmaster catback, takeoff LSD, Eibach pro springs<br />Hurst shifter, 01 Z28 guage cluster w/ white face overlays, billet grill w

Comment

Originally posted by chris greene:
        ive got a cluster out of a 2001 z28 in my 97, everything works fine. the only light that stays on is the asr off light
        Strange I did the same and nothing worked right at all, went back to a 97 and it was fine...
        1997 Camaro RS W/T-Tops<br />All Stock / 200 HP

Comment

I have a 99 and I got one for mine. It was a 00. Problem was my airbag light never went off. So I took it out. Still have it at home somewhere.
          Jessica :)<br />Kansas: There\'s no place like home...99 Firebird Blown/6lbs, Eaton w/3.42\'s CI headers Z28 Exaust<br />CAI, #36 injectors Intense PCM

Comment

i just got the gauge face and a yellow box speedometer recalibrator from www.blackrobotics.com ..works great..but it disables your cruise control..i didnt mind cuz i never use it anyway
            <b>12 SECOND DUAL STAGE DRY NITROUS POWERED 98 A4 V6 CAMARO<br /><a href=\"http://www.mysickcamaro.50megs.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.MySickCamaro.50megs.com</a><br />Best ET: 12.82@103<br />Best MPH: 104.7<br />Best 60\': 1.75 - Stock TC</b><br /> </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">Originally posted by Shodown:<br /><strong>1DV6 runs 12\'s...enough said. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X