Emptying fuel tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emptying fuel tank

is there any way to empty the tank other than just siphoning it??..id like to do this at the track before i put in race fuel
    <b>12 SECOND DUAL STAGE DRY NITROUS POWERED 98 A4 V6 CAMARO<br /><a href=\"http://www.mysickcamaro.50megs.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.MySickCamaro.50megs.com</a><br />Best ET: 12.82@103<br />Best MPH: 104.7<br />Best 60\': 1.75 - Stock TC</b><br /> </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">Originally posted by Shodown:<br /><strong>1DV6 runs 12\'s...enough said. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">

Fuel Tank Draining Procedure

Caution

* Never drain or store fuel in an open container due to the possibility of fire or explosion.
    * When draining the fuel tank, slowly insert the hand operated pump device in the fuel tank. Do Not force the hand operated pump device in the fuel tank. Forcing the pump device can cause the fuel pump to dislocate from the fuel sender assembly.

1. Remove the fuel filler cap.
    2. Use a hand operated pump device in order to drain as much fuel through the fuel filler pipe as possible.
    3. Reinstall the fuel fill cap.
    That's from the GM service manual. Guess that's how they do it.
    Matt
    1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
    Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

cool..thanks man!..thats the only way i could think of..i used to have gas powered rc planes when i was younger and they basically use the same thing to fill and empty the tank..a little hand held crank pump..or they have electric ones
      <b>12 SECOND DUAL STAGE DRY NITROUS POWERED 98 A4 V6 CAMARO<br /><a href=\"http://www.mysickcamaro.50megs.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.MySickCamaro.50megs.com</a><br />Best ET: 12.82@103<br />Best MPH: 104.7<br />Best 60\': 1.75 - Stock TC</b><br /> </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">Originally posted by Shodown:<br /><strong>1DV6 runs 12\'s...enough said. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">

Comment

On one of my old cars (a cavalier) there was a wire that you could ground (or maybe it was positive, i don't remember) and it would manually start the fuel pump. Then you just unhook the fuel line at the TB and you could drain the tank that way. I don't know if something similar is on our cars, but you may want to look into that. Just put a hose on the fuel line and there you go.
        2002 Silver Firebird A4<br />T-Tops, Leather, Y87, W68, Chrome Wheels<br />Bone Stock

Comment

thats a trick GM Techs like to use on some cars. get the fuel pump going and disconnect the line at some point and drain into a container. not really practical for just at the track though.
          2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X