Which cars have the change oil light? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which cars have the change oil light?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which cars have the change oil light?

I have never had a change oil light come up and was just interested in which cars had them.

I have one in my 99 Firebird. You just hold down the trip/odometer reset for 12 seconds and it resets. I am not sure of the mileage interval that it is set to come on with. I have only seen mine once since I got the car. It is an orange light.
    Jessica :)<br />Kansas: There\'s no place like home...99 Firebird Blown/6lbs, Eaton w/3.42\'s CI headers Z28 Exaust<br />CAI, #36 injectors Intense PCM

Comment

I got one. 2001. I don't think there's a set mileage within which it comes on. I think the computer looks at a combination of how hard you hard/acceleration in addition to the mileage. I keep forgetting around how often it comes on.
      Yes, I know \"Artic\" should be spelled \"Arctic\". Can any of the mods change this?

Comment

So, any 96 firebirds have them? I'm interested because if I took the battery out, would it reset the count on the change oil light???

Comment

Yes it would reset it, but you don't have one on a 96. They became standard in 99. They use a calculation of engine temperature, RPM, and throttle position to figure out the mileage. Maximum is 7500, minimum is 3000, mine typically comes on at 4500 with 50/50 city highway driving.
          1999 Y87 Camaro<br />Whisper Lid, SLP SS Takeoff Exhaust

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X