No announcement yet.

Car has a lope at idle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thats what mine was doing, it was not throwing a MAF code but the code for the o2 sensor after the CAT. When I first started having problems it started out small. Just had a slight lope at idle at a cold start and progressed from there. The car started running rich and I thought it was my FMU because when I first would mash the gas the fuel pressure would bounce and the car would surge. All this eventually ruined my CAT. I am still having problems with the remanufactured one that I have now. I have been trying to decide if I should buy a brand new one from Auto Zone (they carry new ones but don't know if they are OEM) or just get one from the dealer.

Right know I am driving around with it unplugged and it runs awsome when the car is warm I just have problems from a cold start. I hope it does not hurt anything driving it to much without the MAF plugged in.
    Modifications:<br />headers, throtle bod spacer, flowmaster, high flow magnaflow carsound cat, powerdyne sc with 2.9\" pulley and by-pass valve, walboro 255 fuel pump, spec stage 2 clutch, and HP Tuners

Comment

i drove home for lunch break and back..my gas mileage is back to AWESOME now and the car runs a lot smoother and a little quicker..i just bought a brand new OEM MAF for a 98 V6 Camaro off ebay for $99 ..yeah i looked at Auto Zone's MAFs too but like you said..they're not OEM..they do give you a core charge though..but i wanted OEM..for my car there were a lot of used OEM ones at www.car-part.com anywhere from $100 - $200
      <b>12 SECOND DUAL STAGE DRY NITROUS POWERED 98 A4 V6 CAMARO<br /><a href=\"http://www.mysickcamaro.50megs.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.MySickCamaro.50megs.com</a><br />Best ET: 12.82@103<br />Best MPH: 104.7<br />Best 60\': 1.75 - Stock TC</b><br /> </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">Originally posted by Shodown:<br /><strong>1DV6 runs 12\'s...enough said. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X