No announcement yet.

miles per tank for 3.8?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With about 20% highway, 80% city I get 240 - 270 miles until my "Check Gauges" light comes on, then I fill it up and it takes 12 - 13 gallons.

BTW before my gears I used to get over 350 miles on highway trips and now I only get 280 - 320. Something for those who do a lot of highway driving to consider.
    \'01 Camaro M5 1SA \"Lightweight\" hardtop, Bright Red, Ebony cloth, FRA, Whisper Lid, B&B cat-back, Torsen 3.73 LSD, HPPIII (93 octane setting)<p>\'00 Camaro SS M6 T-Top, all GM and most SLP opts., Bright Red, Ebony leather, 4.10s, SLP long tubes, Loudmouth, CNC Stage II H/C, etc.

Comment

300 Miles/Tank
      2003 Mustang Mach 1 5 Speed<br />288 rwhp SAE 315 rwtq SAE<br />BFG DR\'s, SLP Loudmouth Catback, K&N CAI<br />60\': 2.145<br />13.41@105.67MPH (Stock)<br />--- Best et ----<br />60: 1.932<br />1/4:12.851@106.39MPH <br />best mph: 107.65

Comment

i get 32-34 mpg on the highway at 110 - 120 KMP
        99 Firebird Vert, Pewter Metalic<br />Fast Toys Ram Air<br />Jet Stage 2 Chip<br />17x8 Mille Miglia Emotion II Plus\'<br />wrapped in 245/35/17 Yokohama A520<br />Rhino Perf. Exhaust<br />K&N air filter<br />check pics at:<br /><a href=\"http://www.fastrides.com/members/v6birdy/\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.fastrides.com/members/v6birdy/</a>

Comment

During the summer I got around 360 letting the needle drop to 1/4 of a tank, then filled up with 12.x gallons. About 27-30 mpg

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Dominic:
            What the hell defines a tank? .<hr></blockquote>

[img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] Maybe I'm just tired but for a second I thought you were talking about our cars.

I get 14.4699590400499494 tanks to the gal.,
            230-250 miles
            1998 3.8 Camaro A4, <br />B&B Triflow CatBack,Whisper Lid, <br />1987 s10 Blazer 350 V8 shift kit,

Comment

i get anywhere from 29.746 - 21.499 MPG on my 99. I wait to fill up when my red "Check Guages" Light comes on. I usually have to but somewhere in the 14 gal range back in her
              Mike<br /><a href=\"http://www.my99firebird.gq.nu\" target=\"_blank\">www.my99firebird.gq.nu</a>

Comment

I don't know about miles per tank, but I pull ABOUT 25 mpg on the highway and 22 in the city. Could I be getting lower mpg than other guys b/c i have a tendency to pull 85-90 on the highway? ;) How could I improve those numbers (other than drive a little less agressively)?

Rob
                <b>2002 Pewter v6 Camaro</b><br />T-tops, Auto, stock GFX<br />mods: SSRA, Whisper lid, K&N filter, Borla cat-back, Pioneer HU, RF 6.5\" speakers, billet grill, clear corners, red tubing under hood, black CAMARO fill-in\'s, QTEC, GM power antenna, fan switch

Comment

I get like 250-270
                  Soon to be Mommy!<br />2005 Honda Pilot EX-L

Comment

Hi everybody, I guess I'm the NooB here, but hopefully I can provide some helpful information from my experiences. I used to average 18 MPG (curvey starte route road), and I drive pretty aggressive. About 22-23 on the highways But my question is for those who are getting lower than normal MPG ratings (anything below 23 is kinda low). The question is, do you ever have any brake problems? Yeah, I know it sounds weird, but hear me out. As I said, I drive kinda aggressive and the state route is nothing but speed up/slow down driving that I love about curvey driving. My driverside front disc kept warping and staying hot. Now, I don't ride the brakes, and never had to slam them. But the warp got aggrivating, and I finally had the disc turned again, and got a new hub, brake line and pads. Problem solved, but another advantage was gained gas mileage. I started getting 28 on the highways, and about 21-22 on the state routes. Now, not huge, the gains are pretty good. I finally figured the reason behind all this mileage loss; the hose was wearing out or something, and the brake fluid couldn't flow back away from the caliper, so every time I hit my brakes, that's where they stayed. They kept constant tight pressure on the pads that way, causing the brake problem and the bakes caused the MPG drop. So that's my story, and my solution. Anybody else think this could be theres too?
                    ~Chris<br />1999 Hugger Orange Camaro<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/273836\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/273836</a> <br /><br />†…faith…hope

Comment

I normaly get about 19-22 My best was 25 with my mom driving on the parkway(she doesent push it)

My worst was 19

I would check your sensors and make sure your Torque converter is working, I blew mine on my Z24 so I only got 14MPG with a A3
                      ~chris~ 98 Cayenne red Camaro 3800 A4, 3:08, T tops Borla cat-back, wisper lid K&N, Bilstine shocks, Dunlops all around. <br />AOL IM: chevyboyz24

Comment

I wish I could get that kind of gas mileage. My '91 gets 17.5 tops in the city. Oh well, when I get a '98 sometime next year many problems will be fixed, including the lack of t-tops!
                        David
                        1995 Nissan Hardbody King cab XE, 5-speed, 4 banger<p>Looking for the right Camaro...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X