Im really sad.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im really sad.

I love(d) my 01 camaro. Ive only had it for like 3 months now, and i wish I had a Z28. Is it a dream to swap motors? Anyone know a good place to look for a new motor? A webpage perhaps? Thanks guys, and ladies.
    Go Fast or Dont Go

Ebay has alot of engines for fairly cheep. some times you can get one with free shipping charges.
    1999 Camaro V6 A4<br />Navy Blue metallic<br />Intake+Exhaust+4.10+?=?

Comment

www.hpsalvage.com
      You can achieve anything for which you are prepared to pay the price.<br /> --ATTILA THE HUN

Comment

Thanks! Anyone know how much it can cost for all the parts you need besides the enigine?
        Go Fast or Dont Go

Comment

I'm guessing but probably excess of $2000-6000 depending LT1 or LS1 and miles. With engine, tranny, and wireing harness. I have a friend that will sell me his LT1 for $2400 with everything, including the interior of a parted TA. If I only had the money and time to do an engine swap. I think that would be sweet, a Camaro with a TA interior :D Everything should just bolt in because its the same year as mine.
          <a href=\"http://pics.projectpredator.com/thumbnails.php?album=16\" target=\"_blank\">2003 Zinc Yellow Mustang GT</a> 1 of 701<br />ET : TBD<br />But our shenanigans are cheeky and fun! Yeah, and his shenanigans are cruel and tragic. Which... makes t

Comment

Check http://www.speedautomotive.com/ :cool:
            Thanks, <br />JAM<p>02 Firebird GT

Comment

If you have an 01 your best bet is just to trade it while it is still worth something!!!
              2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
              Details: www.1lev6.com

Comment

I looked into the same thing...the folowing are things that need replacing...Exhaust (all of it) PCM, wiring harnass, radiator, swaybars, springs, maybe fuel lines and pump, ect... It seriously is not worth it. You'll want a new diff with limited slip, you'll want 3.42 or 3.73 gears. Lots of cash $6k plus easy. Go with a supercharger or get a car with a v8.

Comment

YOU'RE SAD .. i had one of these when i was young http://www.dpo.uab.edu/~bmclean/pics/74must2.jpg

[ December 03, 2002: Message edited by: MEAN 98 ]</p>

Comment

OMG THAT THING IS HIDEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i thought only the 80's models of the mustangs were ugly... but da** that takes the cake! it has the leather top on the back like those older looking caddys or something... gee whiz
                    RedLineVSix <br />95 Patriot Red Trans Am, M6, 3.42\'s,no rear tires<br />(SOLD!)97 Silver Camaro 3.8 Liter A4 3.42 + LSD, 1pc DS, and one messed up speedo :)

Comment

LMAO! Yeah, I do have it better than a lot of people, but i work hard and go to school for it. Ill just keep it the way it is, if i do see a good deal on a Z28 or SS, Ill consider it, but Im in no rush, mines brand new, and i dont think my dad would let me do that anyway, lol. I only have 27k on it.
                      Go Fast or Dont Go

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Mikey:
                        LMAO! Yeah, I do have it better than a lot of people, but i work hard and go to school for it. Ill just keep it the way it is, if i do see a good deal on a Z28 or SS, Ill consider it, but Im in no rush, mines brand new, and i dont think my dad would let me do that anyway, lol. I only have 27k on it.<hr></blockquote>

Damn, 27k on your 01? I have like 18k on my 00......LOL

T

Comment

i have 84'000 on my 98 ... i drive the s@$t out of it.. i can't understand some people that will keep a car in a garage so when the car is 3years old they can brag about their low milage...why not enjoy it unless you have a different color for each day of the week

Comment

I drive my car nearly daily, but has gone down since I am in college now. Yeah, what a shame, I'm not enjoying my car. :rolleyes:

T

Comment

I agree. The only time I was cautious with mileage was when I was under warranty (36K). After that, whatever, you bought the car to drive it. 99 has almost 49K and still kickin. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X