I Found It!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Found It!

After many weeks of leaking coolant, I finally broke down and looked for the damn leak. I was only leaking maybe a half a quart every week or so because it would only leak when it's cold. since it has been colder here the past week or so, and it has been leaking a lot more. The hose from the heater core to the engine is where it's leaking out, the screw connection with the white cap. I had pulled the white cap back, and saw the silicone or whatever GM used to seal the connector to the hose, is cracked and I suspect that's why it's leaking. I really don't want to buy another hose right now, because from the looks of it, it would be a PITA to replace. Do you guys know what kind of silicone I should use to repair this leak with?
    <a href=\"http://pics.projectpredator.com/thumbnails.php?album=16\" target=\"_blank\">2003 Zinc Yellow Mustang GT</a> 1 of 701<br />ET : TBD<br />But our shenanigans are cheeky and fun! Yeah, and his shenanigans are cruel and tragic. Which... makes t

I wouldn't think it would matter what kind you used...whatever you have laying around would work. Maybe some RTV? A thin coat of that shud last until the weather get a lil warmer and you can replace the hose.
    1997 3.8 30th Anniversary Edition<br />SLP Cold Air Induction<br />Flowmaster with duel tips<br />Bosch Platnum Plugs<br />MSD wires<br />and a nice dent on the front left...thanks Petr Shedran!<p>...more mods to come!

Comment

I would recomend to by a hose and fix it properly. Otherwise if your hose breaks/blows out then you make risk an engine due to a loss of coolant.

Which is more epensive, the hose or an blown engine? When it comes to some things it is just better to be safe than sorry.

Plus with that leaking the silicone won't stick to it since it is wet. Hope that helps. :cool:
      Thanks, <br />JAM<p>02 Firebird GT

Comment

sooner or later, you're gonna have to buy another hose, so you're safer if you do it now. You might also check the other hoses while you are at it.
        1995 Firebird 3.4L<br /><a href=\"http://kansas.no-ip.com/\" target=\"_blank\">My Site</a>

Comment

Well heres the problem, I don't have the money right now, and personally, rent takes priority over the car, I mean this isn't gonna be a permanant fix. Just something to get me by hopefully just a few weeks. If all goes well, I should have another car by the middle of December, and the Camaro gets parked until I can fix all of the problems with it.
          <a href=\"http://pics.projectpredator.com/thumbnails.php?album=16\" target=\"_blank\">2003 Zinc Yellow Mustang GT</a> 1 of 701<br />ET : TBD<br />But our shenanigans are cheeky and fun! Yeah, and his shenanigans are cruel and tragic. Which... makes t

Comment

there should be hose tape at pep boys or something just for this kind of thing
            1997 WHITE 30TH ANNIVERSRY 3800 II M5

Comment

Just an update: This fuggen sucks, I am now leaking a massive amount a fluid now. I could deal with adding water ever week or so, but I just filled it up Sat and now am almost empty. I think I'm gonna have to replace that hose. I really want to keep this car, but my parents are already *****ing about how it's costing to much money to keep replacing stuff. And they are giving me some money to get this other car, but its if they feel if its right, whatever that means. I have a feeling they are gonna make me sell it, they really want me to get a new car. Maybe I can talk them into helping me get a Z28 or TA [img]smile.gif[/img] I wouldn't feel so bad about loosing my car then.

Edit: Does anyone know what the hose would be called? If you're looking at the engine, its the left upper hose that goes into the heater core. It's rubber, then it changes to metal at a factory crimp.

[ December 04, 2002: Message edited by: camaro_speedemon ]</p>

Comment

I took the connector off today, and found I was missing an O-ring. Where the **** did it go!? It was just gone. Well, I'm pretty sure this was the problem, and I hope it fixes it.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X