RPM sensitive pedal vibration....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RPM sensitive pedal vibration....

I've noticed this problem in the past couple weeks since I've done oil, transmission drain and fill, rear end drain and fill, and plugs and wires after seafoam. Around 2300-2400RPM I can feel a slight vibration through the gas pedal. ITs very subtle and in such a tight RPM range that you can barely feel it if your past even half throttle. IT honestly feels like possibly a harmonic inbalence except I've never felt this since I got the car.

Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated...the performance does'nt seem to be declining its more of an annoyance. Kinda like check engine lights are for experienced mechanics that know their **** aint broken....
    3.8L Dk Blue 1998 Camaro<br /><br />Soon to have 80\'s in the back

experienced mechanics know that the SES goes off for a reason.

i dont want to say that you dont have a problem but maybe since you have done all that stuff, you might just be sensitive to everything going on. i get that way after i do something. i look hard for anything just incase there really is a problem and by doing that, you can make up problems that arent really there. but im not you and i cant feal how bad the vibration is so who knows.
    2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

does the car seem to get a little louder or drone a little more in that RPM range?

Comment

no not at all...

I kinda wanna take Blldogg's suggestion just because I am a bit of a perfectionist when the funds are there to do something right. Nothing makes me cringe more then a car that could be a really nice car with a lot of potential just runs like **** cause the owner does'nt take care of it (whether he or she does it themselves or takes it somewhere) I'm thinking maybe I am just being oversensitive to it and finally starting to get the feel for all the differant mannerisms. Like I said, more of an annoyance then anything...its very slight and only at 23-2400 RPM's and it quits. Nothing else seems to be related to it as far as anything else abnormal going on when it happens.
        3.8L Dk Blue 1998 Camaro<br /><br />Soon to have 80\'s in the back

Comment

Ive got the same problem. Mine started out as that, but now it seems to like vibrate and stuff and I have no idea what it is, it really does bother me though. Mine started about 3 weeks ago and still nothing bad has happened. I also own a 98 Camaro, so?

Comment

Re: RPM sensitive pedal vibration....

I have the same thing as you copper in my 99 bird. Mine does it around 1500 rpm and I have a wierd louder exhaust sound. my gas pedal shakes just slightly and then it is gone. I dont get it at all. It just started happening a couple days after I changed out my diff to royal purple 80W90. I also get a slight almost grindish noise when it shifts from 1 to 2nd in that rpm range. It's just really wierd and annoying but no performance change at all.
            It also doesnt do it in prk or nuetral when i rev it just in drive I guess under a load. Could it be a leak in me exhaust perhaps that really only makes itself known under a load?
            Last edited by Brian99; 10-13-2006, 06:00 AM.

Comment

wow, I actually came here, expecting to post this, but, heh, I guess I dont have to.

Im experiencing this in my 94 3.4 Maro, it started hmm.... 3 weeks ago, I changed my oil probably 3 weeks before that.

IT happeds to me at damn near EXACTLY 2500 RPM, on the way up, and down (after sudden acceleration, and decelaration)

Its louder when I accelerate faster, and quieter when I accelerate slower. I thought it was just my cat burnt out, but it always came from the front of the car, not to the right.

I wanted to see if it would do it while I was parked, so, I stopped, parked, and revved it to 2500 RPM (Wierd look from the guy in an F250 beside me) and it doesnt make this vibrational noise, so I think I can cross the burnt out cat off this list.

Comment

Possibly a U joint or a berring starting to go in the rear end.

Comment

You may not be able to do anything with it until it starts to get worse, to the point where you can actually diagnose the problem. Like you said, it's very subtle and only in a tiny RPM range. It's probably not worthwhile and/or nearly impossible to diagnose it at this point.
                  2002 Silver Firebird A4<br />T-Tops, Leather, Y87, W68, Chrome Wheels<br />Bone Stock

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X