Easy Bolt-on HP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Easy Bolt-on HP!

Looking for easy HP for my 3.8 '99 Bird, I have heard that new Cams are a good idea! Any suggestions!

New Cam...Easy...? I wish you lived around me! Easy to me is something that takes less than 1 hour to install, or it's free.

Marc
    sigpic

Comment

Marc, which cam should I get, have you experienced the Cam after affect?

Comment

While you are looking perhaps for a more advanced answer, your question is rather basic there for I'm moving it to general.
        Keith - Chicago<br /><a href=\"http://www.hptuners.com\" target=\"_blank\">HP Tuners - PCM Reprogramming</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.dxsoftware.com/magnus/\" target=\"_blank\">97 Firebird V6 to LS1 swap</a><br /><b>V8 9.967@132.78</b> 1.322 60\' NA Heads/Cam<br /><b>V8 10.295@128.48</b> 1.363 60\' NA Cam Only<br /><b>V8 10.987@119.31</b> 1.422 60\' NA Stock Internals<br /><b>V6 13.674@98.22</b> NA<br /><b>V6 12.394@104.91</b> N20 100HP

Comment

I dont think you should start with a cam. Start with simple stuff. YOu can make your car go fast with simple bolt ons. Save the cam for later. First get a good flowing intake and a nice sounding exhaust. Thats always a good place to start.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by pgriffith:
            I dont think you should start with a cam. Start with simple stuff. YOu can make your car go fast with simple bolt ons. Save the cam for later. First get a good flowing intake and a nice sounding exhaust. Thats always a good place to start.<hr></blockquote>

Amen! The intake and exhaust will give some nice power gains. Then turn to bolt-ons. I haven't put a cam on my 3.8...yet, nor do I want to put one in myself. I installed one on my 76 T/A, and it was a PITA! I won't even think of tearing my 96 3.8 apart for a cam. I would like to have one, but I know absolutely nuttin' about the computer junk that I'll hafta deal with. I know it's basically unplug and plug back up, but I won't take the risk. If I find someone around the Philly area that can honestly call it easy, we'll talk. Stick with PGriffith's theory for now. Then after you have done the basic mods, turn to the stuff that'll make heads turn (ie: Cam, N20, etc.)

Good luck,
            Marc
            sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X