No announcement yet.

trouble with DIS-4 on my 3.4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If i can firgure this out i might be one step closer. Each harness has a red wire (12V) coming out of it, on the end where the bypass connector or the dis goes it has a another red wire branching out from each red wire. Does that have to be connected to some kind of 12V power supply. i.e. the battery or elsewhere? It doesnt seem like the actual connection to the CIU's because the connector on it is for like 14-16 ga. wire.
    16.8 1/4m at 2700ft elev.(b4 driveshaft and headers)<p>1995 M5 Firebird 3.4L sittin on Pirelli P4000\'s<br />mods: cheesy ebay intake<br /> 2.5\" cat back Gibson exhaust w/ 3\" chrome tips (Now a SPINTECH exhaust)<br /> MSD DIS-4<br /> Taylor Spark Plug Wires<br /> ASP Crank Pulley<br /> Alum. Drive Shaft<br /> Pacesetter Headers<br /> Nitrous Works Wet Kit(75shot)<br />Next Steps: <br /> Stuff for bigger nitrous shot!!!!!!!

Comment

Are the ones branching off just like an inch or two long and have connectors on them? If so, I just have mine tied back and not connected to anything. These branch off from the +12 coming from the coil mounts, right? I think they are used on different applications.
      Wayne<br />94 5 spd Camaro<br />Turbo/Intercooled<br /> <a href=\"http://www.geocities.com/Mustang732/cars.htm\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.geocities.com/Mustang732/cars.htm</a> <br /><br />Megasquirt Stand-alone EFI controling fuel/spark w/ wideband:<br /> <a href=\"http://home.att.net/~basic-4/2ndMegasquirt/NewMegasquirt.html\" target=\"_blank\">http://home.att.net/~basic-4/2ndMegasquirt/NewMegasquirt.html</a>

Comment

Yup, those are the ones i'm talking about. I guess it takes that out of the question. Then i'm all out of ideas on what's wrong with it. I guess i'll try and e-mail MSD with my problem.
        16.8 1/4m at 2700ft elev.(b4 driveshaft and headers)<p>1995 M5 Firebird 3.4L sittin on Pirelli P4000\'s<br />mods: cheesy ebay intake<br /> 2.5\" cat back Gibson exhaust w/ 3\" chrome tips (Now a SPINTECH exhaust)<br /> MSD DIS-4<br /> Taylor Spark Plug Wires<br /> ASP Crank Pulley<br /> Alum. Drive Shaft<br /> Pacesetter Headers<br /> Nitrous Works Wet Kit(75shot)<br />Next Steps: <br /> Stuff for bigger nitrous shot!!!!!!!

Comment

Contact MSD tech for repairs. Tell them you bought it from summit new. I belive there is like a min and max cost for repairs and its not too unreasonable. Side note, a good deal is to buy a broken MSD and send it in, I think the max cost is like $80.
          1997 Red GTP Coupe<br />Borla,3\" DP,!ubend,Thrasher CAI,Magnuson(3.4\"),1.9 roller rockers,Tran. Cooler,GPS PCM,Boost+Trans. Temp gauges(in Lotek),comp harness,Blazertech 3200\'s,BBS 18\'s+Pilots,RAT rear sway bar,Powerslots+Pf Pads(all corners),KYB\'s,STB\'s,Poly bushings(mid+end),Optima Battery(yellow), Kenwood Deck+Boston Interior Speakers(Pro)+RF Sub(550 watts), GTS covers,rear red reflective Pontiac sticker(My fav.)

Comment

I sent the unit in and i guess they fixed it. I then got it back today and installed it, but it didn't work. WTF!!!! I have no clue what's is going on. I can read wiring diagrams pretty well and I had three other people check the connections but still no go. (Connections were checked before unit was sent in and haven't been touched since cuz the harness was left on the car) Could it be that the coil packs just cant keep up with the aftermarket ignition? I'd really hate to have to take it to a shop and have them work on it because I really don't trust anybody with my car and I don't want to pay for something that I know how to do. Any suggestions?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X