Coolant all gone to he**

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coolant all gone to he**

Yesssss! I was so happy! For at least 2 weeks nothing has went wrong with the car, i was so upset, then finally it started overheating a little (goes to about 180 instead of 170 when cruising) so bored, I just popped of the radiator cap after a couple hrs. and its really dirty. The radiator is covered in gunk, and its floating in the coolant... Argh... anyone have a GOOD way to flush that crap out? When I installed the new water pump I reversed flushed it with a hose, but I guess now it didnt matter, didnt fix it...

Thanks yo! [img]graemlins/crybaby.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/crybaby.gif[/img]

[ December 04, 2002: Message edited by: raxxus ]</p>
    RedLineVSix <br />95 Patriot Red Trans Am, M6, 3.42\'s,no rear tires<br />(SOLD!)97 Silver Camaro 3.8 Liter A4 3.42 + LSD, 1pc DS, and one messed up speedo :)

Sorry to hear that, kinda sucks! Just flush it and you should be fine. I just replaced my water pump last week.
    <a href=\"http://www.saintsworth.com/z06\" target=\"_blank\">\'02 Corvette Z06</a>

Comment

Just do a hose flush ... followed by a chemical flush and another hose flush. If it's really bad, take your radiator to a shop and have it boiled out.

What kind of gunk are you finding:
      * thick orange dexicool residue
      * water pump lubricant
      * motor oil
      * trans fluid
      * radiator sealant
      * something else maybe?
      You can achieve anything for which you are prepared to pay the price.<br /> --ATTILA THE HUN

Comment

Heyy guys i really appreciate the quick response,
        but im finding thick orange dexicool residue, thats all!

[img]smile.gif[/img]
        RedLineVSix <br />95 Patriot Red Trans Am, M6, 3.42\'s,no rear tires<br />(SOLD!)97 Silver Camaro 3.8 Liter A4 3.42 + LSD, 1pc DS, and one messed up speedo :)

Comment

When you are flushing the coolant system, it needs to be hot. The thermostat needs to be open or you aren't doing yourself any good. If you can, take it somewhere and have them flush it. They have a part they put in and hook it to your upper radiator hose. It has connectors on it and a shut off valve. They hook the car to the flush machine, open the shut off valve and start your car to let it heat up. This lets the coolant flow normally until your thermostat opens up, then they close the shut off valve and flush your coolant system. Easy for shops to do it, a little more difficult to do it at home. One must use extreme caution when playing with a hot coolant system. The shop hooks it up, then lets the car get to operating temp.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X