what do you guys think about this mod? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what do you guys think about this mod?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what do you guys think about this mod?

http://www.20horsepower.com/

legit or not?

Why don't you buy one and let the rest of us know what you think of it. They're not lying about what it does, but I'd like to find a vehicle that it would actually make 20hp on. IIRC, all it is is a resistor that makes your computer think that the incoming air is colder than it really is
    2000 silver A4 Camaro<br />Whisper lid; Free Ram Air; BMR stb; MSD super conductor wires; Gatorback belt?<br />1986 RX-7 (daily driver)

Comment

well in that case, I already tried that (resistor mod)

problem is, my timing was a little off (so obviously, going to have to correct that), and it was exaggerated by the mod, causing some erratic movement in 4th gear, and low idle; also, I probably have to get rid of the cat, as it's probably creating some nasty back-pressure...but all in all, the resistance mod created a very noticable increase in power and acceleration (it makes sense ; colder air creates greater resistance, it's even mentioned in the Haynes manual, regarding the IAT sensor).

Comment

Actually with a PCM with adjustable timing table flashed in a "resistor" can cause for up to 8* of timing advance or more which could equate to a decent amount of HP.

Check into the ZZP happy knob
        and caspers timing commander

They allow for advance retard and do pretty much the same thing only give you a little more control over the timing you want!

Comment

[img]smile.gif[/img] thanks

Comment

holy crap...I just realized something...

if I could get binary file coding, I can flash MANY chips at work ( I do EPROM for PCMs/ECMs at Motorola, in a VLSI (Very Large Scale Integration) lab; the chips are essentially 28 lead DIP ICs.

hmm....

[ July 15, 2005, 12:41 PM: Message edited by: kinetic ]

Comment

Ok i started a topic on the "resistor mod" a few months back and everyone basicly told me it is crap. I didnt believe anyone so i tried it any way. It is crap. I didnt feel any gain (and we all know i use 93 octane). Here is a tip... If you have to stop and ask your self "hmmm did i feel a power increase or not..." then you probibly didnt.

Comment

i definitely did, because I tried it, took it off, then put it back on again. difference in acceleration quite noticeable...and I use 89 octane + acetone.

the only problem is a heavy vibration of the car after a while (the shifter even wobbles) , and I'm not sure if it has to do with the ECM, cat back-pressure, or bad tranny; no knocking/pinging, but idles like a heart murmur.

Comment

Originally posted by kinetic:
                  i definitely did, because I tried it, took it off, then put it back on again. difference in acceleration quite noticeable...and I use 89 octane + acetone.
                  acetone? what the hell are you using paint thinner for??
                  97 camaro<br />black, 5 speed, t-tops, rockford fosgate cd w/4X6.5\" rockford speakers, 3\" flowmaster american thunder catback with 3\" carsound cat, SLP CAI, B&M Ripper w/leather Hurst shift knob, 5% tint.<br /> <a href=\"http://camaroz28.cardomain.com/id/ianwells100\" target=\"_blank\">http://camaroz28.cardomain.com/id/ianwells100</a>

Comment

its not worth all the work...
                    -Eric<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mustangeater82\" target=\"_blank\">2000 NBM V6 Camaro 5-speed</a> T-top <i>converted</i><br /><b>14.467@95.45mph</b> <i>$0 in mods</i><br /><i>The member formerly known as MustangEater8251</i>

Comment

Originally posted by ianwells100:
                      </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by kinetic:
                      acetone? what the hell are you using paint thinner for?? </font>[/QUOTE]:rolleyes:

acetone is an industrial solvent, used in many applications besides paint/ nail polish removers; it's also in fuel additives and detergents, but I guess you haven't seen the posts on acetone floating around a couple of months ago

Comment

Kinetic you add stuff to your fule so often you never have the same mixture twice. There is no way for you to tell the diffrence in mods when you change your fule mixture every fillup.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X