The speed limiter on my v6 98 camaro!!!!!!!!!!!!! - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The speed limiter on my v6 98 camaro!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The speed limiter on my v6 98 camaro!!!!!!!!!!!!!

do any of you guys know how get rid of it. they say they don't make a hypertech.

Help

Matt

I'm in the same boat. I'm thinking about getting a custom PCM from superchips. I'm just waiting to figure out what I'm gonna do to my car, so I can get it all programmed for the setup I'm gonna run.
    <a href=\"http://pics.projectpredator.com/thumbnails.php?album=16\" target=\"_blank\">2003 Zinc Yellow Mustang GT</a> 1 of 701<br />ET : TBD<br />But our shenanigans are cheeky and fun! Yeah, and his shenanigans are cruel and tragic. Which... makes t

Comment

well there are a few things to remove the limiter got to www.jetchips.com and the have a scu thing that will help if you get new gears also, but my opion i dunno how long you have had your car but the 118 limiter is a good thing, 1) the stock tires rating is 118 see what your car is at 2) the 3.8 can be a powerful engine with some small mods, but you can do a lot of damage going 130 or around that, 3) it's unplanned stress on your car and your frame 4) your gonna kill yourself or get a hell of a ticket that is just my two cents on it but if you really wanna, go to jetchips best of luck man if you wanna im me my sn is osuhunter07
      98 camaro mods:Fast Toys Ram Air, Eaton POSI, TPSEM, K & N Air Filter, Custom whisper lid, bosch platinum plugs, 2002 WS6 exhaust, 180* thermo,gutted cat, trans go shift kit, tranny cooler,<br />\'67 Chevelle SS 327, bored too much shit to list et 12.3

Comment

limiter? I've had my 98 3.8 past 135........lol and red-lining it
        Soon to be Mommy!<br />2005 Honda Pilot EX-L

Comment

did you buy your car used or something?
          the governor is 118 on STOCK cars. Doesn't mean that if you bought it from a used car dealer, that the previous owner didn't remove the governor.

Comment

It seems in the 98 model the limiter is set to 90. and i bought it used.

Comment

I still have my limiter but i would like to get it removed. If you go up to say 125 or 130 What type of mods should you get to handle it. I know the z28 camaros are made to go about 160, so i couldn't imagine it being too hard to get a few body or suspension mods to handle that kind of speed since our bodies are the same. I do know that it would take a lot for our engine to push our car to 160 though.
              2002 camaro SS 6 speed, black, with black leather: Whisper lid/filter<br /> 98 silver camaro v6 a4(sold)<br />few mods

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by PullmeOverRed:
                It seems in the 98 model the limiter is set to 90. and i bought it used.<hr></blockquote>

Nope. I have a 98' camaro also, I have got it up to 119.5 MPH Numerous times. After it hits 120, the fuel starts to cut off.
                *OneQuickSix*<br />1998 3.8L V-6 Camaro<br />~A4 w/Y87~

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X