Oil leak diagnosis from mechanic, what do you think - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oil leak diagnosis from mechanic, what do you think

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil leak diagnosis from mechanic, what do you think

Ok so I have a rediculous oil leak all over the front of my motor so I take my car in today and I get this back:

The guy said its leaking from the oil pressure switch, pressure power steering, power steering supply line and possibly the front main or oil pan gasket.

What do you guys suggest? should i just pay for the work or try and do this stuff myself?
    SLP CAI, RK Sport headers, P&Ped heads and intake, GT2 cam, Upgraded valvetrain, Z28 rear axle with 4.10s Tx Spd tune, Z06 rims, 2.5\" exhaust to flowmaster, 160* thermo, B&M ripper, upgraded ignition, rockford fosgate 12\" with sony xplode amp and HU.

Re: Oil leak diagnosis from mechanic, what do you think

First thing you need to do is get about 3 cans of Gunk degreeser and clean your entire engine so you can find the leak/s.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace
      First thing you need to do is get about 3 cans of Gunk degreeser and clean your entire engine so you can find the leak/s.
      agreed. you need to clean the entire area then have it diagnosed.
      2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

I assume they did some cleaning of the motor, hell they charged me 40 dollars to tell me all that.

I also cleaned the motor real good to see where the leak was coming from and I couldnt tell real easy. All I know is that the oil is getting on the belt and spraying it onto the underside of the hood where the belt goes over the alternator.

I guess ill dish out the 500 dollars to have them fix it
        SLP CAI, RK Sport headers, P&Ped heads and intake, GT2 cam, Upgraded valvetrain, Z28 rear axle with 4.10s Tx Spd tune, Z06 rims, 2.5\" exhaust to flowmaster, 160* thermo, B&M ripper, upgraded ignition, rockford fosgate 12\" with sony xplode amp and HU.

Comment

First of all ill bet money they didnt so much as spit and rub a spot let alone cleane anythung. Secondly when you cleaned the motor did you use a degreaser? If its leaking enough iol to get on the belt and sling it everywhere then its your front main seal. but you may have many leaks and the only way to tell is to degrease your entire engine, let it dry and take it for a 2 mile ride or so. Then check it. Then repeat step one. After that you should have your answers.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X