coolant gauge not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• coolant gauge not working

i had that problem a while ago and when i flushed my system it just seemed to work again. but that car always runs fine

now it's just not working. think that i just need to get a new coolant temp sensor?
    WAWA-A-HOLIC

Re: coolant gauge not working

If the fans are running when they shouldn't you need to have the coolant thermostat code deleted because your 160 stat is causing a trouble code.

g
    2002 Pewter V6 Camaro M5 <br /><br />Quickest stock-motor N/A V6 4th Gen F-body.<br />2nd Quickest N/A V6 4th Gen F-body overall.<br />mods: Gear, weight reduction, tuning <br /><br />Fear the Gear. 13.585 @ 100.05 1.827 60\'<br /><br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.NJFBOA.org\" target=\"_blank\">www.NJFBOA.org</a>

Comment

i'm not pulling any codes
      WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

are the fans running all the time?
        2002 Pewter V6 Camaro M5 <br /><br />Quickest stock-motor N/A V6 4th Gen F-body.<br />2nd Quickest N/A V6 4th Gen F-body overall.<br />mods: Gear, weight reduction, tuning <br /><br />Fear the Gear. 13.585 @ 100.05 1.827 60\'<br /><br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.NJFBOA.org\" target=\"_blank\">www.NJFBOA.org</a>

Comment

Its probably your coolant sensor on the front the the intake.. Mine went bad when we dropped in the new motor.. The 1st time we started it up and let it idle I noticed that the temp gauge wasnt moving.. I thought man this built motor runs cold!! then I realized that the gauge wasnt working.. so we swapped the coolant temp sensor with the old one on the other motors intake and it worked.. the bad thing about not having your temp gauge work is that the fans wont come on..
          Jeff ..
          1998 Firebird.. Built 3.8 with a 125 shot.. 370rwhp,415rwtq.. stock tune!! sold

2002 WS6 T/A.. Bolt ins..448rwhp
          2009 G8 GT.. Vararam intake, GXP axleback
          1998 Corvette.. Vararam intake, Ti axleback
          http://www.fquick.com/slow-v6

Comment

yes the fans are runnignt he whole time
            WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

if the guage isn't working and the fans are running all the time your sensor needs to be replaced. You SHOULD be showing a code but either way best bet is the temp sensor, the only way to know for sure is to use a tech2 or some scanning tool to watch your sensor voltage.
              -Brad
              98 Firebird - gone from mod mode to keep it running and useable mode.
              2000 V-Star Custom 1100
              If all else fails use a bigger hammer!
              :rock:

Comment

well i changed out my sensor cause i just knew that that is what it was. and i'm set to jet now.
                WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X