First major problem with camaro. Brake Line. - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First major problem with camaro. Brake Line.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First major problem with camaro. Brake Line.

I have no pressure on the brake pedal. I checked the master cylinder and found no leaks. . yet car was leaking on driveway. So i check the rear lines and sure enough the driver side rear was leaking.

I searched and it's frustrating with the new system?? Seems so broad i got tons of sea foam info ehhh. . . .

My question: Part Number # ______ (Dealer) to replace the hose, that has the braided coil around it.

Its punctured causing the leak.

I don't want to hassle finding the right size, bending it, flaring it either. Does the dealer carry it? I have class in the morning and don't have time to call them, and they already closed for today.

I'd appreciate any input, thanks.
    1998 Rally Red Camaro
    Manual 5, T-Tops
    Ebony Leather Interior, Kicker Audio System

Re: First major problem with camaro. Brake Line.

Are you talking about the brake line that goes from the front to the rear, or the one that goes across the rear axle housing? The line that goes from the front to the rear only comes (from GM) as a 20ft length of bendable line. It has to be bent and flared. The line that goes across the axle housing may come bent, but I kinda doubt it.
    -<i>Travis</i><br /><b>99 Trans Am, Pewter, A4</b> Forged, stalled, and cammed<br /><b>85 Buick Regal WH1 T-Type</b> It\'d be cool if it ran...<br /><b>94 Camaro 3.4, Teal, M5</b> The daily beater

Comment

The line going across side-side, not front to rear. If it comes bent that would be cool. Otherwise i'll probably let someone else do the work, i have to much to do. to many tests and reports , finals creeping up eh.
      1998 Rally Red Camaro
      Manual 5, T-Tops

Comment

If you cannot find any pre-bent lines on ebay or a local j-yard, you'll probably have to find someone to custom bend a line for you.
        sigpic

Comment

i had this same problem, i needed it fixed fast so i took it to my mechanic who just replaced the part of the line with the leak.

My opinion is always, whay just fix it when you can improve it, so if you've got the time and about $130 - 160 you could just go ahead and replace all of your lines with SS braided hoses, i here they really help
          K&N air filter, Whisper air lid, magnaflow LT1 cat back, and magnaflow high flow cat, pacesetter headers, silverstars<br /><br />more to come soon<br />but for now im out of money

Comment

I had totally forgot to call up salvage yards. Thanks for that reply.
            Update: Old leaky line off, New/used just installed.
            All that's left to do is bleed the system.

As for buying ss braided, i can't. Even if i had the 100+ dollars i could use it for something more important, i've been broke for a year now :/ , i worked just enought to 1. buy my car up front , 2. buy most bolt on mods , so i don't work anymore cuz it sucks :) , after i graduate and get a nice job i'll have the money to buy extra items like that.

*Edit*
            Bleeded the camaro, Add'd fluid to max line. Drove around the neighborhood and it feels great, pedal is full of pressure :)
            Last edited by 98redcamaroV6; 04-21-2006, 09:13 PM.
            1998 Rally Red Camaro
            Manual 5, T-Tops

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X