o2 sensor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• o2 sensor

My camaro has about 70,000 miles on it, and I get only 17 mpg. I do both city and highway driving, and do not drive like an *** lol. Is it possible that I may need a new o2 sensor?

Re: o2 sensor

it could be alot of things. we will need a list of your mods. and it might be in your best interest to get a dyno done to see if your running rich or lean.
    WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

Like Kristen said, your mods will go into play on how good your mileage is. Get a new air filter, clean out the air box and put in some injector cleaner. When I first bought my car, doing that gave me about 3 MPG.
      1999 Firebird

Comment

She's a 2000 3.8L, and everything is stock except for the Magnaflow catback exhaust.

I just ordered a K&N fipk.

...also bought some gumout fuel injector cleaner.

Hope this helps my gas mileage!

Comment

if you need a new o2 sensor these people are really cheap:

http://automedicsupply.com/
          2002 Silver Metallic A4 Firebird - All Options
          Hotchkis STB, Custom Madrel Bent 3" Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Whisper Lid, FT Ram Air, K&N Air Filter, D2S HID, Baer Rotors, !EGR, !MAF, 10% tint, Parrot CK3300

Your Mom or My Dad?

Comment

When I was getting low gas mileage I did a home tune-up and it helped out tremendously. Replace spark plugs, spark plug wires, fuel filter, oxygen sensors. Clean or replace air filter. Run some engine cleaner through it. Change oil and filter. Change differential fluid. While you're at it flush and fill the radiator. I've you have the original wires in there or non-performance ones I have found them to be a little flaky and not standing up well to the test of time. When I did this years ago I think 3 of the wires snapped off of the boot when I tried to pull them. Doing this got me back to the upper 20's for mpg.

Comment

Bah, o2's are such a PITA to take off. mine are rusted in and it is sucking balls.
              99 WS6
              13.25@104.97 - Lid + soon to be more other stock items ;D

Originally posted by camaroextra
              tears are great lube, but its hard to get a girl to cry onto her own ***.

Comment

PB Blaster
                2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

Originally posted by kristen
                  it could be alot of things. we will need a list of your mods. and it might be in your best interest to get a dyno done to see if your running rich or lean.
                  you dont need a dyno done to see if your running rich or lean.

Originally posted by FireShadow
                  When I was getting low gas mileage I did a home tune-up and it helped out tremendously. Replace spark plugs, spark plug wires, fuel filter, oxygen sensors. Clean or replace air filter. Run some engine cleaner through it. Change oil and filter. Change differential fluid. While you're at it flush and fill the radiator. I've you have the original wires in there or non-performance ones I have found them to be a little flaky and not standing up well to the test of time. When I did this years ago I think 3 of the wires snapped off of the boot when I tried to pull them. Doing this got me back to the upper 20's for mpg.
                  listen to this guy. if i were you id do plugs and wires 1st, it can really make a difference. you dont have to get special wires or plugs. oem replacements will cost about 60 bucks total for plugs and wires. while you have to old plugs out look and see if there black your running rich, if there white your running lean. if you want you cqan get high performance stuff but not nessecary. fuel filter is a easy one to do to and only cost about 10 bucks, gaurantee you notice the throttle response. you could probably use o2 sensors but id hold off on them until you get there other things done.

i always keep up on these thing meticulously, im average about 25 city easy. thats not even trying to get the most out of it either.
                  <a href=\"http://cardomain.com/id/articacid\" target=\"_blank\">2002 35th Anniv. Black Camaro M5</a><br />Mods: Carsound Cat, SLP Loudmouth, Whisper Lid w/ K&N, J&M LCA\'s, ST Springs, eD Stereo(146.7 dB)<br />\'88 K1500 305 V8 Auto(Winter)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X