350 th350 swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 350 th350 swap

ok what will be needed to put a regular 350 and th350 into a 94 firebird i want the same car it has sentimental value to me but i really want that v8 sound and power plus i already have a built tranny and can get a motor fairly easy and cheap so wat else is needed? i plan on putting lsd with 3.73s as well

Re: 350 th350 swap

are you putting in a LT1 or just a carburated 350?
    $Ryan$<br />95 3400 Teal Green FireBird M5<br />Mods: see link <a href=\"http://lowrider.cardomain.com/id/mystical420\" target=\"_blank\">http://lowrider.cardomain.com/id/mystical420</a> <br />1986 Gold Mazda B2000 ROTIP :)<br />*New*74 Moded 350 Chevy Pickup

Comment

probably a carbed 350 its easier cheaper and easier to build

Comment

also what would be better a th350 or 400?

Comment

honestly id go buy a lt1 to drop in to go along with the th350. modding a lt1 is pretty cheap (llyod elliot heads/cam setup is around 1300 bucks and 400+rwhp and tq with supporting mods) an lt1 swap is alot easier than a older sbc swap imo

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
          http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
          Or this

Comment

definatly. Its going to be so much easier to drop in an LT1 than anything else.
            2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

whats better a ls1 or lt1 and what cars have these stock?

Comment

93-97f-body had the lt1 and 98-02f-body had the LS1.

The LS1 is more powerful out of the box but i think the LT1 is better for nitrous and LS1 is better for FI. but hey, im a v6 guy so im not sure.
                2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

yah idk much either all i know is it will be painted and have a interior by june and ill have a job by may so i want to do a v8 swap id rathr be different than others rather than sell it and buy a v8 firebird

Comment

lt1s are good for either fi or n20 as are the ls1s. that being said the lt1 can take up to a 150 shot of the juice and IIRC the ls1 only 125 shot. either way thats alot of power. the lt1 swap is a lot cheaper than the ls1 swap on your car being that its an early 4th gen. either way you'll need motor mounts,kmember,pcm,tranny,driveshaft,lsd,suspensio n,radiator,fans and a few other things also. the lt1 swap is ALOT easier than the ls1 swap.

unless you know what youre doing.. a v8 swap is not cheap to have done by a shop. now if you know what youre doing its not that bad price wise since youre doing all the labor and what not.

why not just build a turbo kit(or buy if you can find one) and have a badass v6 that beats on us v8 owners? im more impressed with someone who takes a v6 to the limits of modification and puts down killer numbers on dynos and at the track than i am by someone who did a v8 swap. if you didnt know the 3.4 and 3.8 are both excellent motors and when done right will slap around the majority of the cars on the road today.

the v6 community is starting to pump out more and more 14,13,12 second cars each month .hell we have quite a few just .1 second off from hitting 11s and 2 that i know of that currently are 11 second v6 fbodies. which to me is waaaay more impressive than a bolt on v8 that does 12s.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
                    http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
                    Or this

Comment

yah but my 3.4 already has 136,000 on it. but a turbo kit is like 3 grand i could do a whole v8 swap with a salvage motr and drivtrain for that price. how much hp are people getting out of all motor v6s? i like tyhe v6 idea too like a sleeper but there arent any parts for them. if i was to do a 3.8 swap what cars can i get the motor from that will work? i wudnt mind a gtp or ssei motor but i dnt think they will work

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X