car suddenly accelerates from idle :confused: - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

car suddenly accelerates from idle :confused:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• car suddenly accelerates from idle :confused:

i was driving my car and it suddenly accelerated and stayed at a high rpm. i stoped and it still stayed at that rpm and wouldn't come down. while it was going if i would press the gas it would choke any body know how i can fix this?

Woah, that's spooky as hell. Definately check your throttle body for anything out of the ordinary.

Comment

What year is your car?
      94 Firebird 3.4 - RIP<br />97 Firebird 3.8 - In the works

Comment

This might sound stupid but check your Cruise Control. I don't know what year your car is but mine is a 2002 and the cruise control is next to my steering wheel and I remember once it was "ON" and I felt the car going by itself.
        Hope this helps.
        2002 Arctic White Firebird W68<br />Installed: FTRA, Carbon Fiber Whisper Lid, K&N Filter, Transgo Shift Kit, Corvette Servo, 160º Thermostat.<br />Appearance: Potenzas RE750 245\'s, 3M Tint 20% All Around, Clear Corners.<br />FOR SALE: HPP3

Comment

its a 96, when the acceleration finally comes down the fans turn on. this is wierd. and i dont have cruise control.

Comment

You should have CC, but it will disengage when you hit your brakes. Check your throttle cable and play with it while it's in park.
            94 Firebird 3.4 - RIP<br />97 Firebird 3.8 - In the works

Comment

yea check your throttle cable, it could be stuck on something or something is interferring with it therefore making the car rev higher and surge.
              http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

yesterday while i was driving it, it happened again i pulled over and checked the engine bay. i also noticed that when i started moving the engine tempeture sensor wiring the rpms went to normal. it didn't do it this morning anymore so i don't know maybe something. but thats wierd

Comment

try replacing your TPS sensor
                  -Kevin<br /><a href=\"http://heinz.no-ip.com/Car%20Pics/IM000117.JPG\" target=\"_blank\"><b>\'96 White Camaro RS M5</b></a> <br />GTP Shortblock - T3/T4 -6psi Intercooled<br />Open Downpipe

Comment

what is high rpm 1000, 2000 3000????
                    2005 Magnum

Comment

by high rpm i mean 2500 and not going down. i think maybe its the wiring going to the tps sensor. thanks for the help guys.

Comment

Sorry but the tps is not going to make the car run at 2500 rpms...no way in hell it can happen.
                        2005 Magnum

Comment

IAC????
                          1994 Camaro: Firebird Interior, 3.4L to 3800 converted, OBD2 converted, A4 to M5 converted...In the turbo retirement home...<br /><br />1994 Mustang GT: 347 Forged Stroker, Port Matched Edelbrock Heads and Intakes, Tremec 3550 T-5, Spec Stage 2

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                            Had to be evacuated again due to fire
                            by ssms5411
                            Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
                            1 week ago
                          • RPDRed6
                            For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
                            by RPDRed6
                            Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
                            3 weeks ago
                          • ssms5411
                            No start problem
                            by ssms5411
                            So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
                            4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X