Car Behaving strange

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car Behaving strange

I have a 1994 3.4 and its been behaving strange. About three months ago I had an issue where once a week to maybe 3 times a week the car would at 45 to 65 mph suddenly start cutting out, best described as if the engine was being starved of fuel. Would only do it for a second and then it drove perfect. I woke up one morning and took it out and it was just full blown..it did it all the time at those speeds and only at those speeds.Then if I floored it the car would just accelerate fine. sometimes it would slightly "backfire" when I did floor it when it was doing that. If I drove the car for about 40 minutes at those speeds it would eventually stop for the most part. I tried checking several things and didnt have the time or the patience for what might be wrong. I took it to the shop and had a tune up. They changed fuel filter, plugs, cleaned injectors, ect.... Drove it out that day and it drove flawless. 2 months later (now) its starting to do it for only a few seconds once a week just like it did before. Only this time when I start the car after its been sitting for a while ( 6 to 7 hours ) its starts fine but the engine is missing, I can hear when I start it and when I rev it in park. As soon as I put it into gear it doesnt miss anymore and runs perfect. Any explination for this behavior? anyone else had this problem or similar. Any help would be excellent!

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
Working...
X