FUEL PRESSURE/FILTER?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FUEL PRESSURE/FILTER?

About a month ago my car started REALLY acting up. I would try to start it in the morning and it would take a good 30seconds for it to catch. However, if I would give it gas it would start immediately. Recently since it has been getting colder (I live in western PA) even though my car is cold as can be when i go to start it in the A.M. it starts immediately! If I run the car for like 15min., stop it for less than an hour and then try to start it back up again, it starts immediately. However, if I run it for 15min. or more and then let it sit for more than an hour, it again has "issues" turning over unless I give it gas. Either way a gassy/exhausty smell eminates from my car. I used to get 250-260mi/tank on my car, but recently I have been pushing it at 210miles. I posted this same question on www.chevytalk.org and some people ther said that it could be be as simple as a needing a new fuel filter? Any advice on what I should do?

BTW: I have a 1998 camaro coupe, 3.8L Automatic
    Soon to be Mommy!<br />2005 Honda Pilot EX-L

Hook up a fuel pressure tester to your fuel rail, and watch the fuel pressure. This will count out a fuel delivery problem to the fuel rail. If you are getting good pressure at idle and under acceleration, then your fuel pump and filter are ok. If that is so, you should continue you diag by maybe looking at injectors. It is hard to say cause I don't know enough about your car's milage and how it is acting, ect.. so you need to do the diag.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
    Working...
    X