i need help im confused

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i need help im confused

ok i have a 94 firebird im doing the paint and getting an interior for it first but the motor is a 3.4 with a 136,000 on it and im sure its not gonna last long in its current condition combined with my lead foo. the question is what to do i want something thats not gonna totally kill my wallet but i want to be able to run 7,s in the 8th all my dads friends and my dad have older cars with 500+ hp but they spin all the time and run low 8,s and high 7,s i want to be able some day to run with them or mabe even beat them. idk if gettign a salvage motor and building that one up is best it seems easier . i really want to ditch the 3.4 for either a 3.8 or bigger but i dont know what motors are compatible. can someone tell me what cars will have a motor compatible with my car and what will be the best platform. i like the sound and such of a v8 but it would be awesome to put some v8s to shame with a 6 banger theyd be shockedlol. so whats my best bet?

thanks steve

Re: i need help im confused

make sure you got tons of cash to invest if u want a car that can keep up with 500 horses lol

Comment

Originally posted by speedped79
      ok i have a 94 firebird im doing the paint and getting an interior for it first but the motor is a 3.4 with a 136,000 on it and im sure its not gonna last long in its current condition combined with my lead foo. the question is what to do i want something thats not gonna totally kill my wallet but i want to be able to run 7,s in the 8th all my dads friends and my dad have older cars with 500+ hp but they spin all the time and run low 8,s and high 7,s i want to be able some day to run with them or mabe even beat them. idk if gettign a salvage motor and building that one up is best it seems easier . i really want to ditch the 3.4 for either a 3.8 or bigger but i dont know what motors are compatible. can someone tell me what cars will have a motor compatible with my car and what will be the best platform. i like the sound and such of a v8 but it would be awesome to put some v8s to shame with a 6 banger theyd be shockedlol. so whats my best bet?

thanks steve
      its a matter of opinion really. some guys will say do the engine swap and some will say dont do it cuz your better off just selling the sixer and buying a z28(it will save you lots of money and work). there isntt a whole lot you can do with a 3.4 liter. Most of the parts would have to be custom made and there are no places you can buy one of those engine tuners from to get the most out of your engine. if you switch to a 3.8 liter it would have to be in a year where they had obd1 otherwise you will have to swap pretty much the whole front end out. if you go the 3.8 liter route you will have somewhat of an easier time finding parts that will give you max hp such as a turbo. but it still wont be cheap. In my opinion either start saving money for a z28 or just be happy with what you have.

Comment

Originally posted by '94 Camaro RS
        ithere isntt a whole lot you can do with a 3.4 liter.
        There are a few guys on here with some 3.4s that will blow your mind. White95 is over 400HP (if I remember correctly). I am in the process of building up my 3.4.

There is quite a bit you can do w/ it, but you have to do some research.

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/799659

Comment

i mean what can i do to my 3.4 to make it quick also i heard i could get a 5.44 or something like that for my car from a van what motors will bolt in

Comment

also there is a 4th gen camaro in the junk yard im gonna go look at soon for interior parts will the motor and trans from that work in my car? wat if its a ls1 or lt1?

Comment

Don't get me wrong, and I don't want to come off as an *** but..

I've owned my '95 Camaro for a week now. It has the 3.4 in it as well.. In the past week, I've searched, and looked for all the information that your asking for, and have an idea of what I want to do..

I guess, what I'm trying to say, is that all your questions have been answered, more then a few times, on more then a few different boards..

A little research, and you'll find your answers, pretty well layed out.

No matter which route you do take, it's gonna take a substantial amount of money.

Comment

and all i want to know is what engines are compatible and what car/van/truck are they found in

Comment

Do some research on your own. We can't tell you what to do with your car. With enough money just about any engine will work in any car. Common swaps are Series III 3.8s, LS-x, and LT-x. You can make 500 hp with any of those with appropriate mods, but thats a hell of a lot of car.

Comment

Originally posted by HokieBird
                    Do some research on your own. We can't tell you what to do with your car. With enough money just about any engine will work in any car. Common swaps are Series III 3.8s, LS-x, and LT-x. You can make 500 hp with any of those with appropriate mods, but thats a hell of a lot of car.

thanks u helped but what cars can i find a 3.8 that will fit in my car?

Comment

Lets keep it clean guys, I deleted the bad posts because the comments were not needed.

you need to do some searching on these forums. The new craze is to get a 3400 topend because it is alum. and the top end flow a lot better than the cast iron heavyweights you have right now.
                      http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

what cars have the 3400 topend? because my buddy works at a junkyard so i can get the approtiate topend easily for free the same goes for a motor thats y i have been asking

Comment

grand am's, mini vans, and some others I think. Try to get a 2000+ top end if you are to do this. you need the intake manifolds, heads, and pistons/rods because the compression will be crazy otherwise.

PLEASE just do a search first on this swap...everything has been talked about and there is a detailed swap walkthrough posted as well for it all.
                          http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

k thanks for your help

Comment

here you go.

http://forum.camarov6.com/showthread.php?t=64963

http://forum.camarov6.com/showthread.php?t=64966

and...http://forum.camarov6.com/member.php?u=206 <--that is russel(aka black34v6) he is the one who did all the hard work and research for this top end swap.

ps. to those who are being dicks and not helping keep your opinions to yourself, if your not helping dont bother.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
                              http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
                              Or this

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X