Heater Core Hoses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heater Core Hoses

I am replacing my heater core. I had to cut the hoses where they connect to the heater core because they were stuck. I removed the hose assembly and now have a question on how to reconnect standard by the foot hoses. The orginal hoses have a metal insert in the end of the hose with another piece on the outside of the hose to clip it to the engine. Then there is a white twist cap that goes over top of the clip to make sure it doesnt fall off.

Is it possible to seperate the metal insert and clip from the old hoses? Is it possible to use standard by the foot hoses instead of the assembly? I cant seem to seperate these parts from the hose. Chevy wants $155 for the hose assembly. I would rather not have to shell out that much. Suggestions???
    Doug<br />1996 Camaro RS M5 Y87<br />SLP Bilstein shocks, Eibach springs, 1LE frt/rear sway bars

Re: Heater Core Hoses

I have seen the parts you are talking about and thought of replacing my heater hoses too. They are friggin' expensive to buy them new from a dealer, and thery have all of those funky gadgets on them to hold'em in place...screw that! If and when I replace them, I'm going with the good'ol hose and clamp. It may take a while to figure out how to route & fit them, but I'm definately NOT going to spend $155 for a replacement set unless it's my absolute last resort!!

Try out ebay first to see if someone is parting out a low mileage f-body with your engine.
    sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
    Working...
    X