how much extra

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how much extra

ok heres the deal i have a 2000 camaro v6 3800 series II, its a 5 speed manual and from what i already know i have a stock 200hp. but i have some mods to it and i was wondering what my overall gain from all of my mods put together is, ok so heres what ive done:

flowmaster exaust (2.5 in), cold air intake, k&n high flow filter, whisper lid, free mods like cutting the extra plastic off of the intake and raising it, also cut the foam out of my front bumper where the air slots are in the plastic nose cover to create a ram air effect.

i have already tried the search function and cannot find all of the parts plus the free mods that i have done, but if ne one could give me an estimate on how much extra that would give me i would greatly appreciate it !!!

thanx again

Re: how much extra

every car is different, only way to figure it out is get to the dyno. My guess would be 178rwhp.
    http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

ok ur guess is 178rwhp but how much is that going up from stock??

Comment

8-10 rwhp gained from your exhaust and intake. Numbers could be higher but every car is different and those are some common numbers for gains. Some people see better than that.

Comment

also one more question what do u think that i should add next, ive heard a different gear, or headers or what would u suggest?

Comment

i know i said 1 more but i lied lol do they make a performance intake manifold for the v6 camaro???

Comment

you already have the tubular manifolds so headers won't gain you much at all. I would go with gears/lsd next if you still have the 3.08 gears

Comment

Originally posted by yamaharacer114
                i know i said 1 more but i lied lol do they make a performance intake manifold for the v6 camaro???
                no, they dont
                2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

do they make one, no, can you get the stock one ported, yes.

Comment

Originally posted by 97rs4life
                    every car is different, only way to figure it out is get to the dyno. My guess would be 178rwhp.
                    178 I thought the camaro came with 200 horses where did you get 178 from he said it was stock and he added stuff so shouldn't his horsepower go up

Comment

Originally posted by eric v6
                      178 I thought the camaro came with 200 horses where did you get 178 from he said it was stock and he added stuff so shouldn't his horsepower go up
                      200 is flywheel power, not horsepower to the rear wheels

Comment

he stated 178rwhp (Rear Wheel Horse Power)
                        our cars came with 200 fly wheel horse power
                        2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

Ive talked to a couple people that have done dynos on stock 3.8 fbodys, and the usual is around 170 rwhp. Lots of factors come into play though. You can make as much power as you want, but the dyno isn't going to read it if you cant put it to the ground. A LSD will help you there. You have an advantage with the 5-speed though, less power is lost through a manual compared to an automatic. If im not mistaken, its like a 25% power loss through the transmission.
                          Black 1996 3.8 Firebird T5, SLP CAI, Pacesetter Ceramic Headers,160* t-stat, PCMforLess Tune, Flowmaster American Thunder catback, Car Sounds Cat, custom s-pipe, MSD coils and wires, NGK plugs, 3.42 posi rear, B&M Ripper, 245/50 BFG-G-force's

Comment

Its about 15%-20% for an automatic on rwhp loss.
                            Black \'94 Trans Am A4- SLP CAI & Loudmouth<br />Red \'93 Firebird A4- Ram Air under the WS6 hood, !cat, exhaust.

Comment

200 is in your engine. but you lose 15% of that hp getting to your back wheels. i'm saying that you have nothing more that 175

i know it sucks
                              cause im my engine i have 357.65 hp. i want that to go to the ground. heheh
                              WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X