Fuel Injector Cleaning service?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel Injector Cleaning service?

A friend of mine that works at a dodge dealership was telling me about a service they offer where they clean the fuel injectors. He was telling me it actually works and is worth the money. He is a salesman and not a mechanic so he didnt know a whole lot about it. Im gonna get him to look into it more tomorrow. Has anyone ever heard of a service like that? If it really works, that beats getting new injectors if it can give you the same result. im thinking its probably some service scheme they offer to extort more money from customers. I wouldnt think it would be just some additive they run through the fuel system. I dont beleive the STP fuel injector cleaning works either.
    Black 1996 3.8 Firebird T5, SLP CAI, Pacesetter Ceramic Headers,160* t-stat, PCMforLess Tune, Flowmaster American Thunder catback, Car Sounds Cat, custom s-pipe, MSD coils and wires, NGK plugs, 3.42 posi rear, B&M Ripper, 245/50 BFG-G-force's

Re: Fuel Injector Cleaning service?

Your right about stp fuel injector cleaners not working, i used every one, then pulled out my injectors and they were a mess. I removed mine, and shot carb cleaner on both ends, and used a rag and qtips to clean them up. Each one took only a few seconds and all cleaned up like new. I think the egr valve is what dirtys them up. I removed my erg after cleaning my injectors. Personaly i doubt the cleaning unless he he is going to remove them and clean them. I wish i could post a pic of my injectors before and after i cleaned them, if you want a pic give me your email and ill send 2 of them to you. youll be really supprised.
    <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2245261\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2245261</a> Green 1997, 105k, all stock except for Z28 front springs, Air shocks in the rear, home made coolant recovery tank, home made battery hold down.

Comment

it really does work. I do it at work all the time. you pull out the fuel pump relay and/or turn off the fuel pump by the tech2. there is a canister you plug into the fuel rail access port that is pressureized by shop air to the amount of psi in your fuel system with cleaner in it that pushes the cleaner through your fuel rail and injectors. by doing all this, your engine is running off only the cleaner and alittle fuel, if you want, and you just let it run until it dies or is about to die. great stuff.
      2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

yea we have a fuel injector cleaner system at our shop that works great.
        http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

awesome. that beats having to get in there and pull them all out and put em back in. thanks for the advice, gonna get that done next week.
          Black 1996 3.8 Firebird T5, SLP CAI, Pacesetter Ceramic Headers,160* t-stat, PCMforLess Tune, Flowmaster American Thunder catback, Car Sounds Cat, custom s-pipe, MSD coils and wires, NGK plugs, 3.42 posi rear, B&M Ripper, 245/50 BFG-G-force's

Comment

i cant take my injectors apart :(
            2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

What shops do the fuel injector cleaner for our cars, and how much is for the service?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X