Codes what do they mean?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Codes what do they mean?

Well when my ses light came on I went to advance auto parts and they scanned it and code P0306 came up which is the Cylinder 6 misfire...So i change the plugs and the wires..Still my problem wasnt fixed...Well my problem was that when ever I tried to punch it would start accelerating then it would hesitate for a second and then keep on going..So i went to advance and got P0306...Then after I changed the plug and wire for cylinder six..The light was still on so I went back to Advance to get them to clear it...Well they went to clear it they wanted to make sure that it was just the P0306...But then when they scanned it codes P1514 and P1516 came up..Well I was so sick of so I went to a mechanic he hooked his computer up and got

P0102
    P1514
    P1516

Then some of the other stuff he wrote but couldnt explain to me is

Open Loop: Idle
    P1514 1.3(its either a g or a q)/s

No Load: TPS 12%

But to top everything off my car wont start now and I didnt even try to run it hard when it started messing up..But what does all that stuff mean..Is it bad..is my car destroyed...HELP

Re: Codes what do they mean?

If the plug and wire didnt fix the problem it could be a bad coil.
    but for the rest of the stuff im not too sure, (tps) stands for throttle position sensor if you didnt know.
    good luck with the car
    *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

Well is the TPS suppose to be at 12% or is that to low or high?

Comment

Also check out the sticky at the top of General Tech "OBD CODES"

p0102 Mass Air Flow (MAF) sensor circuit low frequency

p1514 I think the p1514 code trips because of some kind of bug in GMs programming.

p1516 Idle speed control (?)

sounds like all the problems are in the throttle body anyway.
        *Matt

Comment

Could it be a sensor that would be causing all of it

Comment

Im not sure, it's possible but i dont see why it wouldnt start if so.
            I think ive heard before though that the TPS is built into the throttle body (?)

What did the mechanic say, that he was just going to diagnose it and fix it or did he know for sure?
            If it was me, i would change the sensors and see if that worked, if not take it to a mechanic if nobody else knows.
            *Matt

Comment

Well could it be that some how maybe one of the sensors like finally gave that the computer wont let the car turn on untill the sensor is replaced?

Comment

I probably should of said something about that when I came home on Monday and I went in my house for like 15 mins I came back outside and it wouldnt start but the security light was blinking

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X