How can I make a little bit more spark out of a 2001 V6 Camaro? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can I make a little bit more spark out of a 2001 V6 Camaro?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can I make a little bit more spark out of a 2001 V6 Camaro?

I have a 2001 V6 Camaro automatic. A month ago I change my spark plugs to NGK Iridium IX Spark Plug, and wires to MSD 8.5mm Super Conductor Spark Plug Wire Sets. I would like to get a little bit more spark power if that is possible. I was think of MSD Blaster 2 Ignition Coils, MSD Blaster GM Coils, or MSD Digital-6 Plus CD Ignitions. I'm looking for the less expensive to buy. Also what can I do to put more HP? I already Have
    NGK Iridium IX Spark Plug, MSD 8.5mm Super Conductor Spark Plug Wire Sets, Flowmaster exhaust system, Carsoud Cat, K&N fuel injection kit. I'm not looking to spend a lot of money in to nitrous, or Super charger.

Thanks.
    Last edited by BigRalph; 04-27-2006, 10:48 AM.

Re: How can I make a little bit more spark out of a 2001 V6 Camaro?

http://www.tornado-fuelsaver.tv/tornado.asp

13hp for only $54

right now if you buy two you get 10% more off the total meaning 26hp for ~$100
    Last edited by foff667; 04-27-2006, 11:51 AM.
    00 GTP<br />98 Camaro v6<br />See, told ya I\'d be rockin another 4th gen :D<br />V6 & V8 tuning available at <a href=\"http://mysite.verizon.net/whenn1/\" target=\"_blank\">http://mysite.verizon.net/whenn1/</a>

Comment

your stock oils and such are fine. the 3.8l come with a decent ignition already and your wires and plugs complete it. I wouldn't worry about your spark anymore.

As for more power, after exhaust and intake, there isn't to much you can do other than gears/lsd which will be around 300. Then you would have to look at more expensive things like nitrous and such after that.
      http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

What type of gears and LSD should I get for my automatic? Also can you tell me how much should I expect the mechanic to charge me for the installation?

Thanks.
        Last edited by BigRalph; 04-27-2006, 12:04 PM.

Comment

i went with a z28 rear end swap for mine, cheaper and easier and comes with 3.42s and LSD. My rear end was 300 and swapped it myself. 3.42s are the common gear of choice for autos here that want to keep the gas mileage and yet get up and go pretty good. Cost of a gear install could be pretty expensive, check around.

Do a search in the drivetrain section for all kinds of info on gears
          http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

Thanks for your help.

Comment

i just wanted to say that i love my 4.10s in my auto
              i'll get 2 tornados for the intake and 1 tornado for the exhaust!!!
              wow thats like 39 hp for $164!
              f0ff67 wont want none if I have 3!!
              2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

What your talking about man? Are you joking??????

Comment

Yes Ralph, he is just messing with you.

2000 Pewter Pontiac Transam 360rwhp, 370ftlbs
                  1998 Sport Gold Metallic Chevrolet Camaro *SOLD*
                  1974 Silver Chevrolet BIG BLOCK Corvette

Comment

dont mean to jack the thread but slow6 how the driveing with 4.10s perfromance ,street and freeway wise i was thinking about doing this i also have a auto
                    2000 camaro rs:whisperlid, 2.5 magnaflow exhaust, catco high flow cat, fast toys cai, 3.73, 160 power stat, msd 8.5 wires ngk iridium spark plugs, hpp3, zzp w/p and alt. under drive pullies, 1.9 Rockers/LS6 Springs with ls1 retainers

Comment

i like the performance, my stock was 3.42s
                      i dont usually ever drive highway, but i drive at highway speeds sometimes
                      If you do drive highway a little bit I would definately get 3.73s instead, unless you dont care
                      2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

cool well i dont drive that much on the highway maybe twice a week but that it anything i have to worry about if i do 4.10s i had 3.42 went with 3.73 and didnt feel a diffrence so i was think if 4.10s will make a diffrence
                        2000 camaro rs:whisperlid, 2.5 magnaflow exhaust, catco high flow cat, fast toys cai, 3.73, 160 power stat, msd 8.5 wires ngk iridium spark plugs, hpp3, zzp w/p and alt. under drive pullies, 1.9 Rockers/LS6 Springs with ls1 retainers

Comment

yeah, probably a little more, i dont know from experience?
                          i love my 4.10s, i liked 3.42s (for high speeds but thats dangerous) ;)

Comment

make sure if you do decide to just get the whole rear end off a t/a or z28 that it does have 3.42s. some (like mine :( ) came with 2.73s. and you dont want those in a v6.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
                            http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
                            Or this

Comment

...and you dont want those in a v6 PERIOD!!! unless you plan on driving at 150mph all the time or you have more than 300 rwtq off the line which you dont

GM is retarded for making 2.73s stock. Another retarded thing GM did was not put washers between the exhaust manifold bolts and the heat shielding bolts!!! OMFG! I H8 the exhaust manifold heat shielding!!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X