Mod questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mod questions

I was wondering about getting a different exhaust...and getting different gears in the rear end..and a differential. What exhaust do you guys like better flowmaster or Borla? and Which gears should I get 3.42 or 3.73?

My car
    1995 Chevy Camaro<br />3.4L stock<br />T-tops<br />Red w/ black stripes<br />Flowmaster 80 w/ 3\" chrome tips<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/dense07\" target=\"_blank\">www.cardomain.com/id/dense07</a>

Also if you have any other idea's for my car interior/exterior or performance mod's just hit me up..I am open for Ideas

DeNsE07@aol.com

My Car pix and specs

[ December 08, 2002: Message edited by: DeNsE07 ]</p>
    1995 Chevy Camaro<br />3.4L stock<br />T-tops<br />Red w/ black stripes<br />Flowmaster 80 w/ 3\" chrome tips<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/dense07\" target=\"_blank\">www.cardomain.com/id/dense07</a>

Comment

hey welcome to the board. you might want to put a little info about your car in your sig. it just helps others know just what kind of ride you have. ok, I have a flowmaster on my car with 2.5" pipes. This is the cheaper why to go. If you are willing to spend $600 on a brola kit or a Tri-flow by all means do so. The flowmaster is a very loud system. It has a GREAT low RPM sound but gets a little high-pitch in the higher RPM's. the size of the pipes plays a big role in the pitch. The borla has a mellow deep sound to it. it does sound nice but to me its just a little too soft and does not have the edge that a flowmaster has. The tri-flow system has been said to be the best sounding for the 3.8's. I'm not sure if they make a kit for your 3.4, you might want to check into that. The other popular exhaust in Dynomax. Its a fight between us flowmaster uses and dynomax users. I think the Dyno's sound too rice, like a hyped-up honda civic. Again thats just my take on it. No need for a war Dyno guys. I do recomend that what every exhaust system you get you get at least 2.5 inch pipes. It really helps performance. As for gears it all depends on what kind of driving you do. If you spend most of you day on the road and gas money is tight I would not recomend anything over 3.42. If you could care less about MPG then go for the 3.73. But keep in mind that you top speed will drop and your speedo will be off unless you reprogram your car. I have 3.42 I love them. They really give me the advantage over other v6 f-bodies and even 98 and low mustang GT's. A LSD or posi is also a great thing to have. I dislike peg-legs very much. To me nothing looks worse then a car doing a one tire burnout. YUCK BARF HURL. A sports car is all about performance and should have a LSD.

Thanks for becoming a member and I hope you stick around. Lot of great people and great help here.
      White 98 Camaro with t-tops leather and Y87. For more info on mods just ask.<br />1/4=14.9<br />2002 Xterra V6 A4

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X