This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EASY FUEL PUMP CHANGE TECHNIQUE!!

Hi.. I have a 96 camaro and just wanted to share some valuable information even if you already know..After hasseling a way to find out how the crap I can get out the gas tank to change pump other then pulling half the crap out underneath it..I discovered an easy way to do this.. i opened the truck pulled the carpet up and made slit on the 3rd ridge over in the middle cut out the metal with high speed and bam there was the fuel pump.. took me 5 minutes to do and then put the cover back on and sealed it.. Noone will ever know and MUCH easier!!

Old news man, and this "technique" causes flame wars on alot of Camaro boards, so tread lightly.
    <b>99 Pewter Metallic Camaro</b><br />SLP Ultra-Z Hood, Shaved Antenna, !mouldings, Chrome Halos, Filled Factory Grill, Y2K 18 R 19 F, SLP Whisper Lid, (functional w/ Hood), FlowMaster American Thunder C.B, QA1 Coilovers, Kuhmo Tires.

Comment

What's the controversey? That it destroys a part of the car or could potentially be dangerous? It seems like if you wanted to be super careful you could weld your hole back up.

Comment

saw/grinder/sawsall=sparks
        fuel/vapors+sparks= [img]graemlins/wavey.gif[/img]
        97 RS<br />Member Status: F-Body Owner<br />Member Number: 7705<br />Registered: September 13, 2005<br />Posts: 24<br />Email Address: hfoxx123@yahoo.com<br />Location: Minnesota<br />Occupation: Database Administration<br />Homepage: <a href=\"http://none\" target=\"_blank\">http://none</a><br />Car: uh a camaro

Comment

The "controversy" is either people think it's a "hack job", that it will make the car fold like tin foil, or that it's no quicker than just pulling the tank.

Stupid thing to argue about, really.
          <b>99 Pewter Metallic Camaro</b><br />SLP Ultra-Z Hood, Shaved Antenna, !mouldings, Chrome Halos, Filled Factory Grill, Y2K 18 R 19 F, SLP Whisper Lid, (functional w/ Hood), FlowMaster American Thunder C.B, QA1 Coilovers, Kuhmo Tires.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X