a/c problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a/c problem

Last year i had my a/c compressor replaced along with the other a/c components and recharged. Well today it got hot and i turned it on and let it run on high for like 5 min. and it didnt work. I didnt hear it kick on like it did when it worked. Any ideas. I havent ran it all winter if that matters.
    96 Polo Green Camaro<br /><br />Slp Cai,Flowmaster American Thunder cat-back,Catco cat,3.42 Posi rear, KMC Floss Rims 275/45/17 rear 235/45 front

There could be an electrical problem. Compressor not receiving voltage to activate the clutch. Bad pressure switch on the compressor.

Or maybe the refrigerant leaked out. If the compressor senses there is no refrigerant it wont turn on as a safety measure so the compressor wont seize up.

Also make sure the controls are set to A/C and cold. Sounds dumb, but it's happened to me a few times after a long winter.
    1994 Chevrolet Camaro 3.4L A4 (160hp 200tq)<br />2006 Nissan 350Z 3.5L M6 (300hp 260tq)

Comment

Another very common problem is the electrical connector on top of the clutch (in 3rd Gen cars it's there anyways, I don't know where on a 4th) tends to get messed up from people washing the motor or resting on it while working on the car, etc...

I've seen 2 A/C problems solved in the past month by wiring another connector in.

Comment

Maybe it needs refilled,is there a fuse or relay for the compressor?
        96 Polo Green Camaro<br /><br />Slp Cai,Flowmaster American Thunder cat-back,Catco cat,3.42 Posi rear, KMC Floss Rims 275/45/17 rear 235/45 front

Comment

where is the low side port for recharge ?
          Ummad!<br />2k pewter maro M5. 160 thermo, WhisperLid w/K&N Filter, Jet PCM Stage 2, Free Ram Air, Air Silencer Delete (purchased already and) waiting to install manual fan switch, air/fuel ratio guage.

Comment

Well i refilled it and its blows out ice cold air, i rechecked it after about 20 minutes and it still read correct preesure range, to recharge it, look on the silver cannister that is behind the battery, it has a little black cap on it. Unscrew that and while the car is running with the a/c on max hook up the bottle to it and refill to the right pressure reading.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 2.8 Bird
              Good to see the site is back up
              by 2.8 Bird
              So there going to be anything new or update to the site since Bill is now the owner?

I know there's still alot of interest in the fbody V6....
              3 days ago
            • FirebirdGT
              New Site Hosting Issues
              by FirebirdGT
              All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
              2 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X