Replacing foglight bulb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacing foglight bulb

How do I replace the foglight bulb on an 01 firebird? Went to the carwash yesterday and bumped a curb, now one light isn't working. Which means my left turn signal no longer blinks, which is a big problem on the commute to work. I couldn't find a way to unscrew the lense, so how do I do this? and what kind of bulb do I get?
    01 V6 Firebird, Flowmaster catback, Navmate gps, B&M Ripper.

Re: Replacing foglight bulb

the bulb can be a taken out without all that. all you have to do is pop your hood and stick your arm into the bay where you lights are. it's easy to see with your eye when you look right down.

as for the bulb, go to autozone, or pep boys and they have books and all you have to do is look up your car, year make and model. and the number there for ya!

now why doesn't your turn signal work. do you mean that corner light is out? 2 differnet things. but both can be solved the same way.
    WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

OR:

There is an access panel at each lower corner, just under the nose and FWD of the wheels. This panel is hinged and can be opened when you remove the two bolts (10 mm socket req'd). Both the fog and turn indicator lights are accessable this way.

DZ
      Now Playing: \'99 Pewter Firebird, stock, bone stock, and nothing but stock, so help me God!<br />Comming attractions: K&N Filter, Lid Mod, Intake Bellows Smooth Pipe Mod.<br />I dream about: Forced Induction (TC or SC) or NOX (or both!)

Comment

I tried just looking down but the housing for the headlight/motor is kinda in the way. I will try putting it up on ramps tomorrow and looking for that access panel.

The daytime running lights work as my turn signal lights.

When turning on the left signal the arrow on the dash is solid, so I'm assuming it must be the bulb.

Comment

I just replaced mine yesterday and you can do it from the top part of the engine by sticking your hand in or go from the compartment on the bottom side in front of the wheels...Its the easiest thing to do! Just take out the two bulbs that need to be replaced and take both of them to autozone and they will show you what you need!

Comment

i believe if you have a camaro it is different due to not having large motorized headlights in the area you are talking about, i havent changed mine, so i couldnt tell you exactly, but i'm pretty sure you cant attack it from above on the bird

Comment

not hard... your manual will say what bulb... they are pretty standard, the signal and running light is a different bulb I think

Comment

Originally posted by kristen
                the bulb can be a taken out without all that. all you have to do is pop your hood and stick your arm into the bay where you lights are. it's easy to see with your eye when you look right down.

as for the bulb, go to autozone, or pep boys and they have books and all you have to do is look up your car, year make and model. and the number there for ya!

now why doesn't your turn signal work. do you mean that corner light is out? 2 differnet things. but both can be solved the same way.

dont forgeat to turn on the lighs then you can put your hand in there trus me i have to do this once a week :spank:

Comment

Not for me! I hate putting my hand anywhere near those headlights when they're up! I hate changing headlamps!

I'll go in the bottom way!

DZ
                  Now Playing: \'99 Pewter Firebird, stock, bone stock, and nothing but stock, so help me God!<br />Comming attractions: K&N Filter, Lid Mod, Intake Bellows Smooth Pipe Mod.<br />I dream about: Forced Induction (TC or SC) or NOX (or both!)

Comment

Originally posted by CDNFB
                    Not for me! I hate putting my hand anywhere near those headlights when they're up! I hate changing headlamps!

I'll go in the bottom way!

DZ
                    I can change mine light bulb under a minute. Without getting on the ground and getting dirty, I want to c u do that plus you have 2 bolts to un do and if your car is drop like mine theirs no room for any kind of work without getting the car lifted a little :slap:

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I'll try to get it done today or tomorrow. I'm thinking from the bottom would be the easiest way to go. Someone stole my jackstands and jack after trashing my garage (for the second time). I still have rhino ramps though, think thats high enough?

Thats what bothers me the most, you don't mess with a mans tools, thats just wrong. Even for a thief.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X