leaking egr/header leak - causing gas smell and white puff - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

leaking egr/header leak - causing gas smell and white puff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• leaking egr/header leak - causing gas smell and white puff

soon as i start the car i get a white puff and a strong gas smell. both go away after a minute or two. the gas smell sticks around longer than the puff though. definitely smells like unburnt fuel is getting through. i suppose an exhaust/header leak could be causing this. autotap seems to say that all my o2's are reading jsut about what they should be, even though bank 2 sensor 1 keeps throwing a code. i suppose my question is whether or not you guys think its more likely that my headers/exhaust leak is causing this problem, or whether you think there is another issue? the car starts up fine, no shakes or stutters at idle or under acceleration. ive slightly leaned out the car at full throttle with the maft but nothing different otherwise. also, the car has thrown 1 misfire code in the past couple of months. im under the impression that its nothing serious and this is just part of having a high milage modified car. i just want to get rid of the gas smell. any help is appreciated.

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
    Visit My F-Body Page

Mine does it too and I found that I had an exhaust leak. My suggestion is just check your exhaust and headers - you say that's what you suspect it is anyway. Why not go take a look at it?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
    Working...
    X