Speed sensitive knock from rear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speed sensitive knock from rear

Easily audible up to about 30-35 mph then its tapping so fast its drowned out by exhaust.

Since I first heard it I have put on headers, removed the cat, and changed the tranny mount.

Within the past month I have put on new LCAs and shocks so all that it tight. The zt, gears and driveshaft (ujoints) are new since Feb. I just hung off the torque arm so that is tight. The muffler rattles slightly but the tapping sound is speed sensitive and I cannot duplicate it by moving/shaking the muffler. There is no spare or jack in the car. There are no DTCs so its not like its an engine problem being megaphoned by the exhaust. I have not been doing holeshots or otherwise beating on the car.

It seems like its got to be the rear but I can see no way how I broke it.

Is it possible its a stuck caliper and a warped rotor?

01 Camaro A4 Convertible

Check your tires too...

I had the same sound up to the same speed, turns out that 2 of 5 lugnuts came aloose...
    1997 Camaro RS W/T-Tops<br />All Stock / 200 HP

Comment

I wish it was that, but its not. Its just gear noise.
      01 Camaro A4 Convertible

Comment

Uh oh, I would say drive it a little and see if the noise goes away. My car was making a noise the other day, turns out that my tire is losing air and it was almost flat...9PSI. :( Any ideas on how to seal where the rim meets the tire, because the chrome is coming off on the outer side of the rim.
        FTRA kit, Whisper Lid, free ram air mod, Richmond 3.73 gears, Dynomax Catback, Poly Tranny mount, Vette Wheels, Expensive Audio equipment :). HID headlight Kit, Billet Grille, Billet Antenna, Eurotails, Carsound Cat

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X