Refrigerant in 94 camaro?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Refrigerant in 94 camaro?

what type of Refrigerant does my 94 camaro use? How much per bottle? Can i find it at my local car parts store (AutoZone)

thanks
    My car has GPS trackin\',traffic alert,its own phone #,PS2,screens. And What da H3ll,When I Turn da key it says \"You\'ve got mail\"..... <br />I swear and promise.. I\'ve had more cars then Charlie Thomas.. bounces in a Monte\' that hopped.. Pimped old skoo Blazer on Chopz, Today Its a Camaro at all da plya spots.

R-12

Yes advanced will have it, R-12 is expensive.

#1 u prolly have a leak so it would be better to have ur AC lines tested for a leak

#2 it is illegal (atleast in MD) to simply add freon to ur system, u must evaquate it, leak test it, than fully charge it by a certified professional. I was lucky to have a 96 and 134a (cheaper). i had mine evaquated and checked by a mechanic friend and added myself [img]smile.gif[/img]
    1991 firebird - sold<br />1994 camaro v6 - lady ran red light<br /> *totaled*<br />1996 Camaro v6 RS sport package 5 spd - 8mm wires/ platinum plugs, z28 clutch@assembly, powerslot rottors, hiPo brake pads, hiPo power steering pump, larger tie rods and hubs, 1le tranny mounts

Comment

R134A, about 3 cans for full charge. get kit w/gauge. Don't want to overcharge. Compressor clutch MUST be engauged while charging. AZ, nappy, shlep boyz, trash auto,...... they all should have it.
      1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
      2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
      94 comero 3.4

Comment

all right, tie breaker... what does it say on the sticker?

checked out the haynes bok on the 93 bonneville I had, they started using 134A in 94. maybe it was fased in different times for diff vehicles.

[ September 19, 2002: Message edited by: 3.4 slow to go ]</p>
        1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
        2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
        94 comero 3.4

Comment

it doesnt have a leak. I just think it can be way colder than it is.

My friend has a 98 Grand Prix and its a meat cooler in there.
          My car has GPS trackin\',traffic alert,its own phone #,PS2,screens. And What da H3ll,When I Turn da key it says \"You\'ve got mail\"..... <br />I swear and promise.. I\'ve had more cars then Charlie Thomas.. bounces in a Monte\' that hopped.. Pimped old skoo Blazer on Chopz, Today Its a Camaro at all da plya spots.

Comment

The only way to tell if you need more is to put gauges on your system.

Comment

Just go to an auto store and pick up a recharge kit that has a pressure check gauge and it will contain a bottle of r134a, you will probably need more then this if your blowing hot air with your a/c on. It is definantly r134a refrigerant. You can check it out in a haynes manual or even ask a dealer or other mechanic and they will tell you easily which it is if you don't believe us, especially since it seems that some people are giving out false information or out least not looking into their information. I can send you more info on the a/c system if you need it as well as how to check/refill it if you like. Just email me or post me a reply or a new post to me if you want it. Take care.
              1994 Camaro<br />3.4L V6 Automatic<br />K&N FIPK&Gold Oil Filter,Ravin Performance Exhaustw/Dynomax MandrelBent3\"I-Pipe&S Pipe&Catco 3\" HiFlow Cat.,ASP Crank and High AMP Alternator,U.D. Pulley Set, Bosch Spark Plugs and Oxygen Sensors, Taylor Wires, B&M E.ShiftPlus, 160 thermostat,Zexel Torsen L.S.D., CSI Remote Mount Electric Water Pump & Temp. Controller & Flex Hoses, ALM. Drivshaft, Diamond SubFram Conn.<br />COMING SOON: 350 or 502 RAMJET ENGINE & Big Block Hood<br />NJ V6 F-Body Club<br /><a href=\"http://tristategm.com/NJFbV6/\" target=\"_blank\">http://tristategm.com/NJFbV6/</a><br />Street Lethal F-Body Association <br /><a href=\"http://www.slfba.com./index.html\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.slfba.com./index.html</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X