pure power oil filter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pure power oil filter

anyone here use the washable oil filter from pure power? saw it reviewed in hot rod magazine, so i checked it out on the web. $200.00 for an oil filter ($90.00 for a fuel filter) is steep, but you can disassemble it and clean it and reuse. would pay for its self over time, and you can use it to help keep an eye on metal shaving and what not in your oil.
    Attached Files
    1997 3.8 5-speed Camaro<br />BMR STB, LCA\'s, SFC\'s,Panhard bar, Torque arm,1LE sway bars<br />Headers, SLP cold air, Flowmaster catback, takeoff LSD, Eibach pro springs<br />Hurst shifter, 01 Z28 guage cluster w/ white face overlays, billet grill w

Re: pure power oil filter

Never heard of anything like that. I wouldn't use it, but thats me. The 3 bucks for a paper element filter is good insurance.
    1995 Patriot Red T-Topped Z28 A4<br /><br />Mystery rebuild in progress.<br /><br />Soon to have 383 ways to beat KBreezy and Shane. :D

Comment

they use a fine metal screen, but in my mind they will never filter as well as a paper filter. My yamaha ttr250 dirt bike has one, and no one makes a paper one for it. Again, i would not use it even if it was the same price as a delco filter.
      <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2245261\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2245261</a> Green 1997, 105k, all stock except for Z28 front springs, Air shocks in the rear, home made coolant recovery tank, home made battery hold down.

Comment

I think my grandad had one on his corn binder in 1933. Don't think the technology has changed much since.
        95Camaro3.4T5Conv Red/White*SLP Bilsteins*BMR Tower Brace*CAI*NiehoffIgn*NGK PlatPlugs*DelcoHiPerfWires*FlowmasterCatback*RedDe vilReso(no cat)* DynoMax Muffler*B & M Shifter*Eurolite Lamps*Yokohama Avid 235/55/16*GM 3.73s*Auburn LSD*Sirius*All DONE!

Comment

In normal driving it would take about 16 years of use to be worth it economically over the proven $3 acdelco filter.
          \'00 f-bird 3.8 M5 coupe, pewter metallic<br />Torsen LSD, Pro 5.0 shifter, Spec stage 1 clutch, Y87 muffler, aftermarket stereo<br />-more fun than the Oldsmobile it replaced...

Comment

^^^ Math rocks! :D
            Drivetrain Moderator - "There are no stupid questions, only stupid people!"

2001 Pewter Firebird Y87, M5
            Intake, exhaust, just about every suspension part, alum flywheel & ds, Turn One p/s pump and cooler

Go Sabres!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
              Had to be evacuated again due to fire
              by ssms5411
              Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
              1 week ago
            • RPDRed6
              For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
              by RPDRed6
              Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
              3 weeks ago
            • ssms5411
              No start problem
              by ssms5411
              So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
              4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X