No announcement yet.

Rough Idle only in Drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well i changed the oil sending unit nothing more than a sensor and oik pump any other ideas
    My new ride 2000 camaro, No mods yet still waiting for warranty to run out then all out heads, cam, and supercharger

Comment

rule out vacuum leak and faulty MAP sensor. sounds like its missing at closed throttle under a light load, and when you open throttle its okay. this is likely a sign of pcm not receiving accurate info about the amount of air the engine is receiving (vac leak or faulty MAP sensor/circuit will cause this)

although it COULD be base engine, i'd rule out the good stuff first.
      ASE Master, L1, X1, C1. Instructor in automotive systems. 99 3800 4L60E with a few mods and a greatful dead sticker on the back window.

Comment

anybody figure this out? seems like a bit of a problem for these auto 3.4's

is there a way to bump the idle a tiny bit? mine stops vibrating with a tap of the gas. The vibration gets worse with a drain on the engine (ie. when the A/C is on).

I thought it was just a bad muffler. I'm gonna change that first.

Comment

Turn down your 1 billion mega watt stero while you are driving and the shakin will go away LOL!
          [img]graemlins/rock.gif[/img] (just thought I would throw a little humor in).

[ September 02, 2004, 12:11 PM: Message edited by: saved1 ]
          95 convertible 3.8 series II

Comment

I didn't read all the replies so forgive me if this has been suggested..

I would first check if it was a misfire..
            When you put the car under a load (put it in drive) it might be misfiring.

You can also check the fuel pressure.
            Mine was about 36 cold and we bumped it up to 39-40 cold and it idles smoother now [img]smile.gif[/img]
            <b><a href=\"http://members.cox.net/95batmobile/d86f.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">Sinister Six©</b></a><br /><a href=\"http://www.sounddomain.com/id/95batmobile\" target=\"_blank\">My \'95 Bird</a><br />I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X