Flushed radiator, but only used 4 quarts... - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flushed radiator, but only used 4 quarts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flushed radiator, but only used 4 quarts...

Ok, I drained and used that Prestone flush kit. I drained it from the bottom of the radiator and when I did everything I only used 4 quarts (1gal) of the green Supertech 50/50 coolant. I ran it for ten min and yurned on the heater and still had no room to fill anymore, I also put 12 capfuls of water wetter. I was going to use the whole bottle, but I COULD'NT GET IT IN.

Did I do everything right?
    K&N FIPK, Pacesetter Headers, Carsound Highflow Cat, 3\" Magnaflow catback, 180 Thermostat, 8.5 MSD Wires, NGK Plugs, Chrome ZR1 Rims

Re: Flushed radiator, but only used 4 quarts...

The engine block still has coolant in the coolant passages. It would probably be best for a pro to flush it out cause they use pressure. I would flush it alot just to be safe. Its cool that you're using the flush kit.
    Turning on the heater by itself is only going to turn on the heater fan, its not gonna move the water around in the block. I guess if you had an air compressor and had some way of hooking it up that'd be cool. I'm no expert.
    2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

Originally posted by slow6
      The engine block still has coolant in the coolant passages. It would probably be best for a pro to flush it out cause they use pressure. I would flush it alot just to be safe. Its cool that you're using the flush kit.
      Turning on the heater by itself is only going to turn on the heater fan, its not gonna move the water around in the block. I guess if you had an air compressor and had some way of hooking it up that'd be cool. I'm no expert.
      did you forget about the heater core??????

Comment

yea, of course, the heater core and lines still have coolant in them, and there are a few other lines i can think of
        2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

While you ran the heater you did open the air bleeder valve on the water neck didn't you? You need get to get all that air out.
          95 Camaro 3.8L Y2K motor <br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/coriya71\" target=\"_blank\">www.cardomain.com/id/coriya71</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 2.8 Bird
            Good to see the site is back up
            by 2.8 Bird
            So there going to be anything new or update to the site since Bill is now the owner?

I know there's still alot of interest in the fbody V6....
            3 days ago
          • FirebirdGT
            New Site Hosting Issues
            by FirebirdGT
            All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
            2 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X