Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sluggish power

Originally posted by E3Y
    99 RS Camaro where did you get your new cat from?

i have !cat
    \"there are things known, and things unknown, and inbetween are the doors\"-jim morrison<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/99NBMCamaro\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/99NBMCamaro</a>

Comment

Originally posted by SDCV6
      I also used the fuel system cleaners but they never worked. I did the full fuel system cleaning and it got rid of the OBD codes are have never came back. All the low end "lag" is also gone. You might not get the same experience and may not fix your problem, but it sounded so similar to my situation I thought maybe you can give it a try. But it's up to you:tup: :)
      what brand full fuel system cleaning? thanks
      2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

Whatever a dealership/shop uses to do a fuel system cleaning/flush but they always charge too much for the service so I took mine to Midas. Whatever brand they used (I didn't ask) you can probably get anywhere but it is the method of cleaning that made it work. Running the fuel injector cleaner through for 10-15 minutues....decarbon the engine....blah blah. I think any brand works as long as it is done correctly.
        Last edited by SDCV6; 05-24-2006, 10:05 AM.

Comment

Oh I should try that then... the "Midas" touch. :) I've been using the ones sold in stores, the STP fuel injector cleaner. I'll take it down to Midas tomorrow and talk to them about it since I get paid tomorrow.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
            Had to be evacuated again due to fire
            by ssms5411
            Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
            1 week ago
          • RPDRed6
            For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
            by RPDRed6
            Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
            3 weeks ago
          • ssms5411
            No start problem
            by ssms5411
            So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
            4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X