I need new tie rod ends, i think.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need new tie rod ends, i think.

So i think its time to get new ones, my steering wheel seems to shake pretty bad and a friend of mine said oh man, you need to get your tie rod 's done.
    I said oh yeah i noticed the wheel shake but i was thinking it was my balance, or alignment becuz it just started doing that.
    The car also pulls to the right a slight bit when i let off the wheel, also causing me to think the alignment.

Is there any brands to look for, or stay away from when buying these?
    Are they hard to install?

I am goin to UTI, going to have my rear diff, manual tranny fluid and antifreeze flushed/ changed, so i will probably just have them put the tie rods on too, it's free labor.

Any info would be great.
    *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Re: I need new tie rod ends, i think.

well you should check them properly first before replacing them. when you let go of the wheel, do the steering wheel turn or stay straight?
    2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

i got a shop to put in my new tie rod, which i bought from an auto parts store (cheaper than the shop).
      They told me the frame is still bent so they just configured it with the bent frame.
      2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

putting in tie rods is really easy. the only thing that makes it harder for do it yourselfers is afterwards, you need an alignment. but, you can count the turns to remove it, count the same turns to put it on, tighten the jam nut down and get your car do a shop that does alignments.
        2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

Check wheel balance first, then alignment. If the tie rod ends are shot (I didn't wear them in a few years of autocross and road racing), the alignment guys will tell you when they can't set the toe.
          Drivetrain Moderator - "There are no stupid questions, only stupid people!"

2001 Pewter Firebird Y87, M5
          Intake, exhaust, just about every suspension part, alum flywheel & ds, Turn One p/s pump and cooler

Go Sabres!

Comment

well, when i let go of the wheel it does pull to the right, not bad, but the main concern is when im driving the steering wheel shakes, it almost feels like driving on a broken belt in the tire, but its not my tires.
            I am going to have them do an alignment, and tie rods and the other things
            then go and get another balance and rotation.
            *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
              Had to be evacuated again due to fire
              by ssms5411
              Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
              1 week ago
            • RPDRed6
              For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
              by RPDRed6
              Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
              3 weeks ago
            • ssms5411
              No start problem
              by ssms5411
              So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
              4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X