Where exactly are O2's???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where exactly are O2's???

I have a 98 3.8L camaro. On my old 94 firebird the oxygen sensors were very easy to access, but on my camaro I can't spot them. I know that they are near the exhaust manifold, but I cant see them. Do I have to jack up my car to access them?? Thanks in advance. Btw, this is my first post on this board, so I'd like to say hello to everyone.

Re: Where exactly are O2's???

before and after the cat i believe. i cant remember. havent looked under there in a while.
    Dave:
    00 Supercharged Camaro - RIP
    97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Comment

Ya on my 98 there is one in the S-pipe right after the CAT.

1998 White Camaro 3800, A4, MagnaFlow Cat-Back, Zexel & 3.42's, Jet Chip Stage 2, Whisper Lid, and Ram Air.

Comment

Thanks guys. I know that there is one after the cat, but thats the one Im thinking of leaving as is. The other two are the ones I cant see. I guess I just need to jack it up and take a look. Everything that was easy in my 3.4 is a pain in the *** in my 3.8. Putting on my spark plug wires was a painful experience.

Comment

there are 2 oxygen sensors located on each side of the y-pipe which is attatched to the exhaust manifolds. those are the important ones.
          2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

yup, one in each exhaust manifold then by the cat. the heat shields are hiding them from you seeing them from the top
            http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

ya, its kinda hard to get at them from the top, but everytime i've done it its been from the top (alot of my brackets are off). although i recommend jacking it up.
              2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

while your playing with your o2s you might as well just go get a set of headers
                K&N air filter, Whisper air lid, magnaflow LT1 cat back, and magnaflow high flow cat, pacesetter headers, silverstars<br /><br />more to come soon<br />but for now im out of money

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                  Had to be evacuated again due to fire
                  by ssms5411
                  Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
                  1 week ago
                • RPDRed6
                  For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
                  by RPDRed6
                  Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
                  3 weeks ago
                • ssms5411
                  No start problem
                  by ssms5411
                  So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
                  4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X