Dumb Question. Throttle Body Cleaning? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dumb Question. Throttle Body Cleaning?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dumb Question. Throttle Body Cleaning?

I was wondering how to clean the throttle body in my 98 3.8 camaro. In my old firebird it was more than simple, but this throttle body has a metal grill over it. Im assuming I have to first remove the grill, but I dont know how to do it. Any help?

Re: Dumb Question. Throttle Body Cleaning?

take off the grill, spray carb/choke cleaner but dont spray the little electrode on the black bar that hangs down. maybe wipe it with something
    2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

Just like it's stated above; Do NOT spray the MAF Sensor with anything! Remove it first then spray any kind of TB Cleaner you want, then reinstall and start the car.
      The best way to clean it though (For the CABLE TB's ONLY!) is to remove it alltogether, disassemble, soak the shell in a degreasing solution then put everything back together. It really isn't hard, but you'll need a new gasket when putting it back on the engine.
      sigpic

Comment

whats the best way to clean a TB for the 99+ on a 3.8l?
        Check out my cardomain site!<br /><a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/99pewterv6\" target=\"_blank\">My Car</a>

Comment

for me, I like to remove the whole TB and clean it on both sides. and like hockeyman said, its probably best to remove the whole maf piece just to be safe.
          2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

Originally posted by 99pewterv6
            whats the best way to clean a TB for the 99+ on a 3.8l?
            You can take it off and clean it, but you cannot soak it in any kind of liquid solution because of the electric parts that are built within it. Take it apart and use a toothbrush with some degreaser on the end and scrub the insides until clean.
            sigpic

Comment

What is the procedure to take off the screen in front of the t. body?

Comment

i threw mine away, but I have a 2002

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                  Had to be evacuated again due to fire
                  by ssms5411
                  Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
                  1 week ago
                • RPDRed6
                  For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
                  by RPDRed6
                  Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
                  3 weeks ago
                • ssms5411
                  No start problem
                  by ssms5411
                  So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
                  4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X