Starting Trouble..........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting Trouble..........

So this morning i turned on my 94 camaro 3.4, no problem.

So i get to work then i turn it off and get out, and i notice it was kinda parked crooked so i decide to straighten it out.

So i go in the car and try to start it, all it would do is click. Not like a lot of fast clicks. But just one click, and thats all.

I tried to start it like 5 times but no luck. So i completely remove the key and reinsert it. This time it started w/o any problem.

This has happened to me at least 3 other times.

What could it be?
    My car has GPS trackin\',traffic alert,its own phone #,PS2,screens. And What da H3ll,When I Turn da key it says \"You\'ve got mail\"..... <br />I swear and promise.. I\'ve had more cars then Charlie Thomas.. bounces in a Monte\' that hopped.. Pimped old skoo Blazer on Chopz, Today Its a Camaro at all da plya spots.

I have problems kinda like this, but mine cranks sometimes without kicking over. I think someone here pinpointed the problem in the ignition and I think it's called something like Passkey. Not sure though.
    Your starter's solenoid may be on it's way out. I have a 76 T/A that had the single click sound, and I narrowed it down to the solenoid.
    Also, if your camaro is a stick shift, the switch behind the clutch pedal may be broken. My 96 camaro would sometimes click on me without starting. I had the starter tested, and it was good. I got behind the clutch pedal and found the problem. There is a switch behind the clutch pedal that engages the starter when the pedal is depressed. I removed the switch and bypassed it with 10awg wire. My car starts without depressing the pedal, but I don't mind, and it was freeeee. ;)

-Marc
    sigpic

Comment

yeah, i replied about the passkey 2 system. If that is the problem, your car will not start. They have 2 small wires coming out of the lock cylinder that read the resistance of a chip in the key. So, if the car starts, the passkey 2 system is most likely ok. I would take a good look at the ignition switch. Do all of your tests to see if the switch is going bad. The ignition switch recognizes the position of the key, and channels power to designated parts. Check to see if the security light is flashing when it acts up on you. This can help in eliminating a theft system problem.

Comment

make sure you do all of you other checks first before you do anything. Battery ok, is the starter ok...ect. But with is starting up right after you pull out the key and try it again, it sounds like there is a problem in the steering column. Like I said though...do all of your basic tests first!! those columns are a serious pain in the a** to go digging in, and you don't wanna get in there and realize you don't have to be. Go into the steering column only as a last resort..trust me on the pain in the a** thing. You need to pull the airbag, steering wheel, and use a special tool to compress a spring plate..nightmare

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
          Had to be evacuated again due to fire
          by ssms5411
          Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
          1 week ago
        • RPDRed6
          For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
          by RPDRed6
          Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
          3 weeks ago
        • ssms5411
          No start problem
          by ssms5411
          So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
          4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X