250 hp from a 3.4?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 250 hp from a 3.4?

I have a question I hope someone could ask. I am able to pick up another motor for my car. It is a stock 3.4 with the computer, wiring harness, crossmember, and something else. I can pick it up fairly reasonable, and I was thinking on building it up.

I was wondering if 250 hp (more if possible)could be pulled out of one of these and what would it take. I was thinking a new cam, port and polish the intake and heads, headers, cold air intake, flowmaster exhaust, pulleys, etc. I already have the cold air intake and the exhaust on the car. I was wanting to achieve all of this N/A, I might ad nitrous on down the road.

Does anyone have any suggestions, ideas or advice to give? I would greatly appreciate it.

It is possible... you'd have to port the heads and basically get a custom plenum I was looking into getting a plenum shaped like a smaller version of the L98's for my car but I dunno how expensive it would be. Pistons and rods might be in best interest also. Having 2 more valves per cylander wouldn't be all that bad either (no idea how much a setup like that would cost). I'm sure other people will respond to this (in fact I can think of a few right off the top of my head) so they'd probably have a better answer.

hehe or just have the engine rebuilt to the specs of the new Maxima :D
    -Good Luck

[ March 12, 2002: Message edited by: Liquid Silver ]</p>
    <b>Sean: 1994 Camaro daily driver</b>

Comment

yea, its achievable, takes alot of $$$ though...

Comment

how much could the L32's be bored out? Up the displacement and try to run a 10.0:1 compression ratio and do a little other internal such as cams, roller rockers, possibly heads and you'll be set for a nice ride... ;)

Comment

Supposedly the 3.4L can't be bored out any more than what it already is. I know the topic comes up from time to time, and it's usually stated that the 3.4's cylinder walls are too thin as it is to accomodate any boring of the block. As it is, it's pretty much just a bored & stroked out 2.8L V6, so there's not much room for additional cubic inches. I would look into a custom cam, milling the heads to raise compression a bit (closer to 10:1 than the stock 9:1) and porting & polishing them, a custom intake plenum (something like the Nu-Tek setup with the LT1 TB), computer work, headers, a good cat-back exhaust, along with all the other usual bolt-ons.
          2001 Onyx Black Camaro M5-Totalled<br />2005 Ford F150 XLT 5.4L<br /><br />\"To make peace, prepare for war.\"

Comment

you can safely bore it from 3.62 to 3.68. It would then be a 3.5...L instead of the 3.4l. But yeah what the others said.There might be some custom stuff you could do but don't know. Porting the heads would be a good idea or maybe get new ones.edelbrock might have something that can fit. I don't know the specs of the stock heads. I know edelbrock makes stuff for the 2.8
            1995 Camaro 3.4 v6. Dead<br />1995 Trans Am FIPK.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
              Had to be evacuated again due to fire
              by ssms5411
              Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
              1 week ago
            • RPDRed6
              For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
              by RPDRed6
              Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
              3 weeks ago
            • ssms5411
              No start problem
              by ssms5411
              So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
              4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X