ses question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ses question

ok when im driving around for a while just kinda crusin and then like stop at a light every once in a while my ses light will come on... after killing the engine for like 3 times the light turns itself back off... i took it to auto zone to scan it a few monthes ago and they said either a bad gas cap or a bad vaccum(sp?) hose on the tank... this was a few monthes ago and during that time i started driving more long distance... it never would do it driving furthur only when i would just cruise around town for a while and then it would suddenly come on again... anyways i took it today to a different auto zone to get it scanned and this time it pulled a code 1404... we looked it up and it said "IAT-B circuit malfunction/ EGR temperature sensor circuit" im not real sure what this means and if its a bad thing or not. nothing seems different power wise or gas mileage wise with the light off and only a little less gas mileage with the light on... my car is a 98 firebird m5 with like 82000 miles on it... soooo i was just wondering if nothing seems to be wrong if it is ok to continue to drive it as it is...? any help is greatly appreciated and i'll go ahead and thank ya'll in advance...----dash
    disclaimer: \"warning.. this post may contain somewhat of a funny comment if read properly... take my comment out of context at your own discretion...\"

come on now... no one has any advice or did i post this in the wrong spot?
    disclaimer: \"warning.. this post may contain somewhat of a funny comment if read properly... take my comment out of context at your own discretion...\"

Comment

DTC P1404 - Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) Closed Position Performance

The PCM monitors the EGR valve pintle position input to ensure that the valve responds properly to commands from the PCM. When the ignition switch is turned ON, the PCM learns the EGR closed valve pintle position. The PCM compares the learned EGR closed valve pintle position to the Actual EGR position when the EGR valve is commanded closed. If the Actual EGR position indicates that the EGR valve is still open when the PCM is commanding the EGR valve closed, DTC P1404 will set.
      It's saying your EGR valve is sticking open a little. Could be from a bad valve or some carbon build up. Try taking it off and cleaning it.
      Matt
      1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
      Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

sweet deal... thanks and which part is actually the EGR valve? not too familar in the area...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X