dealer or myself??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dealer or myself??

well when i got my car the dealer said it looped at idle and it never did it for my only like one a while ago now its doing it alot they sait it was a sensor when i baught it and to take it back to have them replace it. i believe it to the the iac sensor should i take it back to the A$$es to do it myself ? if i can help it i would like to never deal with them again

Autozone has them for way cheaper than the dealer. It's a 2 minute job and extremely easy. I say do it yourself.
    sigpic

Comment

that part is so easy to replace,why go to the dealer

Comment

Question... what is the iac sensor and what does it do? Also, where is this sensor located? I have never heard of the iac sensor before, so i am curious to learn about it, thanks guys!
        2000 Monterey Maroon Chevrolet Camaro<br />3.8L V-6/4spd Auto

Comment

Originally posted by CamaroKRAZED:
          Question... what is the iac sensor and what does it do? Also, where is this sensor located? I have never heard of the iac sensor before, so i am curious to learn about it, thanks guys!
          He just mispelled "IAT"
          The IAT is the Intake Air Temperature Sensor.

Do you have a code going off that you can have scanned (for free at autozone) to make sure that sensor is bad? Maybe try to confirm with scan first and then install it yourself. Pretty much all the sensors are WAY easy and you could change them all yourself with non dealer priced over the counter local parts store sensors for less than a dealership would charge you just to scan the car and 'diagnose' it before they charge you whatever ungodly amount of money for the part and to put it in. (phew)

A dealership is your last resort... but you already know that.
          01 Firebird A4 3.42
          Powerdyne @ 6 PSI
          and other mods
          Visit Project Unleashed for guides and info.

Comment

ohhh, ok
            2000 Monterey Maroon Chevrolet Camaro<br />3.8L V-6/4spd Auto

Comment

Originally posted by grayman:
              </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by CamaroKRAZED:
              He just mispelled "IAT"
              The IAT is the Intake Air Temperature Sensor.
              </font>[/QUOTE]Uhhh, they were talking about the idle, so I think it's safe to say they spelled IAC correctly. IAC = Idle Air Control.
              Matt
              1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
              Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

IAC is the idle air control motor, and allows air to bypas the throttle body for idle air, as well as part/full throttle anticipation

Ryan
                1998 Ws6 Ta M6 #370 Bright Red<br />Custom \"NX\" style switch panels $35<br />Plug in fan switches $50 <br />SLP lid, Pro 5.0, Corsa, Custom Fan switch<br />....vortech waiting to be installed.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X