changing out coil packs??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• changing out coil packs??

help me out here, changing them on a 3.8L.

I lost my haynes manual, and I gotta CRAP load of stuff that's gotta get done friday, this is one of them...any walk thrus or anything? thx for any help.
    2011 Camaro LS 6M, in black.

pull the wires off, mark them, and undo the two bolts on either side of each pack. its really simple.

Comment

It's easier and quicker to pull the whole assembly out. If you'll look, you'll see the plate that the coils are attached to. Undo the bolts that hold the plate down and remove the plate with the coils still attached to it. Unplug the wires from the coils and from the back of the plate first, of course. I did this when I put my MSD coils in, and taking the whole assembly out at once is MUCH easier.
      2000 3.8L Firebird, Silver Metallic<br /><br />\"Yes, London. You know, fish, chips, cup o\' tea, bad food, worse weather, Mary f***in\' Poppins, London!!\"

Comment

yeah, i ended up taking the whole assembly out at about 5 this afternoon. I looked at it, and with the limited amount of space there....yeah, take it out.
        2011 Camaro LS 6M, in black.

Comment

what made them go bad on a 4 year old car?

I did it on my 2.8 Z24, those required removing fan, oil filter and a few other things, camaro's looks easier to access.
          ~chris~ 98 Cayenne red Camaro 3800 A4, 3:08, T tops Borla cat-back, wisper lid K&N, Bilstine shocks, Dunlops all around. <br />AOL IM: chevyboyz24

Comment

changing coilpacks on our cars is a breeze. its fuel injectors that i hate doing
            96 Camaro M5. Dark metallic gree (?dont know the offical color name)<br />Home made Intake :: Headers, 3inch headers back to Flowmaster muffler :: spec stage 3 clutch Now installed, waiting for 3.42\'s and LSD next month<br /><a href=\"http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/RiceEatingCamaro/?action=view&current=newcar.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">My Car</a> <br /><br />Totalled Car.<br /><a href=\"http://bellsouthpwp.net/s/k/sk8er305/\" target=\"_blank\">96 CamaroRS</a>

Comment

haven't tried that yet.....is it that much fun?
              2000 3.8L Firebird, Silver Metallic<br /><br />\"Yes, London. You know, fish, chips, cup o\' tea, bad food, worse weather, Mary f***in\' Poppins, London!!\"

Comment

lol.. yea. fuel injectors are a blast!

where is a suicide emoticon when you need it?

well its really not that hard if you just remove the fuel lines from the fuel rail and pull out the whole rail at once.. which involves removing several sensors, and the wireing harness which can be a pain.

i did it all under the hood, still attatched to the fuel lines, all 6 of them. took about 3 hours of being under the hood. definately a pain in the ***
                96 Camaro M5. Dark metallic gree (?dont know the offical color name)<br />Home made Intake :: Headers, 3inch headers back to Flowmaster muffler :: spec stage 3 clutch Now installed, waiting for 3.42\'s and LSD next month<br /><a href=\"http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/RiceEatingCamaro/?action=view&current=newcar.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">My Car</a> <br /><br />Totalled Car.<br /><a href=\"http://bellsouthpwp.net/s/k/sk8er305/\" target=\"_blank\">96 CamaroRS</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                  Had to be evacuated again due to fire
                  by ssms5411
                  Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
                  1 week ago
                • RPDRed6
                  For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
                  by RPDRed6
                  Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
                  3 weeks ago
                • ssms5411
                  No start problem
                  by ssms5411
                  So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
                  4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X