Car Won't Start Please Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car Won't Start Please Help

This has been a problem recently. I used to be able to get it started after a few tries, but now its been happening more frequently. When I finally do get it started the RPMs go a little crazy when I have the gas pedal steady or they shoot up to 1500 when at a stop.

There is no SES and Ive very recently changed the oil, spark plugs and wires, O2 sensors, PCV valve, Fuel Filter and Air Filter. Does anyone know what could be the problem?

Re: Car Won't Start Please Help

describe the problem. does it stedily crank but doesnt start until a few tries? does the starter click, turn slowly or also get faster the longer you hold it down. is there a security light staying on? does it even crank?
    2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

It usually starts very quickly and then dies right away. Sometimes it will start and the RPMs will surge and go all over the place. Sometimes it wont start at all. Dunno if thats specific enough.

Comment

fuel pressure regulator maybe? my car did something kinda like that and thats what it was.. its only like $30 so its worth a shot either way
        1999 Black Pontiac Firebird <br />2 Rockford Fosgate P312D4 subs <br />Hifonics Brutus 1205d amp<br />Clear Sidemarkers<br />18\" Arelli Jovan Chrome Wheels

Comment

It ended up being a faulty IAC valve. Thanks for all the help

Comment

Originally posted by MikeA
            It ended up being a faulty IAC valve. Thanks for all the help
            Will this throw a code? My sister is having a similiar problem with her 97 V6 automatic firebird. Her car will start and studder really bad for a few seconds than it will idle normal. Sometimes the car wont even start and she has to wait like 10 min.

Comment

I HAD no ses light.. I just replaced my fuel pressure regulator, it was a pain to change with out removing the fuel rail. Basicly my car started to get hard to start. normaly i just touch the key and it would start up. If i turned it off and right back on it would start fine, but if i let it sit for like 30 mins+, i would have to crank on it for like 4 seconds, then it will start, rpms would jump around for 3 seconds, then idle and run fine. I changed the regulator yesterday and it seems to have corrected the problem.. the new regulater costed about 65 bucks.
              <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2245261\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2245261</a> Green 1997, 105k, all stock except for Z28 front springs, Air shocks in the rear, home made coolant recovery tank, home made battery hold down.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X