Whoa temp way to high

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whoa temp way to high

okay so heres the deal i was driving my car (95 3.4 maro) and i looked down and i notice im runnin WAY over 260 degrees im completly maxed out and from what i know about cars it could be a head gasket, water pump, crack head, and therm but im not for sure i need help bad though :(

Re: Whoa temp way to high

start by checking the thermostat. check the oil for coolant mixed in. if ya got coolant in there chances are you blew a gasket or worse.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
    http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
    Or this

Comment

oh yeah. and DO NOT DRIVE IT ANYMORE UNTIL YOU FIND THE PROBLEM AND FIX IT.!!!! it will make things worse.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
      Or this

Comment

can you tell if you have a cracked head by your idle because when i first got the car it was running about 800rpm now its running around 1200rpm this car is a mystery anti freeze keeps disapeering with out a trace and i have a cracked EGR tube

Comment

dissappearing as in leaking? if its dissappearing like that and not leaking id put money on it being a head gasket then.

Follow me!
          Or this

Comment

alright but where is it going is it going into my oil pan because there is no leak at all

Comment

go check the oil dip stick. you'll be able to see it if its in the oil. also if the exhaust smells sweet, thats another sign of it.

Follow me!
              Or this

Comment

i started it idel was at 1200 exhaust smelt normal and oil looks normal i think i am just going to sale the car i found a 92 Formula Firebird :)

Comment

Originally posted by MAROA4L32
                  alright but where is it going is it going into my oil pan because there is no leak at all
                  It's going out the tailpipe.Hold your hand over the exaust pipe and see if it gets damp.

Comment

or white smoke
                    2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

Originally posted by MAROA4L32
                      i started it idel was at 1200 exhaust smelt normal and oil looks normal i think i am just going to sale the car i found a 92 Formula Firebird :)
                      your car has a little problem so you sell it? :spank: nahh man figure it out and fix it ...myne overheated yesturday to need to buy myself another thermostat ..doesnt mean im gunna sell the car especally for a 3rd gen
                      <a href=\"http://photobucket.com/albums/a371/boyoi/firebird/?sc=1\" target=\"_blank\">My FireBird</a> K&N intake,Gutted cat, glass pack muffler.........Lots more to come...... <br />Getting my exhaust soon :)Rumbler Exhaust w/ Hooker\'s Headers :)

Comment

I have to agree with Oi Bird. dont sell it cuz a small problem. If your oil isnt cloudy then it isnt going there and thats a very good sign. Do the exhaust checks and the only thing i can add is go to auto zone and buy or maybe even rent (tool rental program= free :) ) a coolant system pressure gauge and connect it to your radiator and pressurize the system and see if the pressure drops at all which it should since you said it goes low alot or leaks. By checking it this way you can find if its a small leak at a fitting on the block and just vaporizes too quickly to notice when the car is normally started.

P.S i could send you pictures of the crazy looking wiring harness i am rewiring and maybe that will make you feel better about your problem

Comment

Once you fix this little problem you'll feel alot better about it. I guarentee that you'll regret selling a 4'th gen for a 3rd.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X