Difference between regular V6 and Camaro RS - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Difference between regular V6 and Camaro RS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Need4Camaro:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by BiH:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Need4Camaro:
    I have a Camaro RS Y87, There's practically no difference except appearence unless you get a Y87 which makes it a worthwhile car. I however don't see why an RS would cost more than a base Camaro, it's only an emblem.
    emblem only? :rolleyes: what about gfx kit and wheels,im sure they add up for the price </font>[/QUOTE]There's RS's out there like 99 + that have no gfx and are only identifyable by emblems...

Mine does has gfx but I forgot to note that...
    </font>[/QUOTE]In 2001 SLP re-introduced the Camaro RS as a factory available option package.

These late model (2001) RS Camaros include a dual-outlet exhaust, a custom grille with the Chevy bowtie symbol, interior and exterior badges, and dual stripes in a choice of black or silver. Options include a Rally Sport Suspension upgrade and 16-inch, five-spoke silver-painted wheels. The suspension upgrade for the 2001 RS and Firebird GT (like the RS model... you get the idea) include larger stabilizer bars — the ones pulled from Z's and TAs when they're converted to the SS and Firehawks. That’s an upgrade from 28 mm in front and 15 mm in the rear to 30 mm and 19 mm.

Theres your price difference. 849 dollars to be exact.

Picture - 2001 RS

Picture - Firebird GT

And if youre still confused about the 96-97 RS model, or the Y87, go here: http://tech.firebirdv6.com/

[ April 20, 2005, 01:56 AM: Message edited by: Loochy88 ]

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
    Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

well I was talking about pre 98 years

Comment

did the firebirds come with the y87 package if so how can i tell?
        96 Firebird 3.8L 5 spd Centerforce clutch MSD ignition dynomax dual exhaust SLP CAI

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyDsm:
          did the firebirds come with the y87 package if so how can i tell?
          Yes. Check the RPO codes on the door.
          Matt
          1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
          Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X